PDA

View Full Version : La Weekend

Dave miller
18th September 2008, 06:28 AM
The weekend's coming! The weather is going to be fantastic.:rolleyes: So where will you be shooting?:)

Monoman
18th September 2008, 09:33 AM
If you're in the Hereford area, have a look at Dore Abbey in Abbey Dore Village, about 20 miles south west of Hereford itself. Wonderful Cistercian abbey, serene atmosphere, lots of photo opportunities both inside and out - or just sit and relax in the abbey grounds. Time stands still. Sometimes horses in the adjoining field. Lunch in 'The Three Horseshoes Inn' on the Hereford road won't disappoint either! Oh, and while you're there, Kilpeck Church just off the Hereford road is well worth a visit. We were last there in August - sadly, not this weekend! I'll post a few pictures in the gallery.

Bob
18th September 2008, 02:21 PM
I keep meaning to go in to town and shoot some modern architecture with E6 and x-process it in C41. If the weather holds, I'll see if I can drag myself out to do it this weekend.

Bob
19th September 2008, 12:58 PM
<snip>... Oh, and while you're there, Kilpeck Church just off the Hereford road is well worth a visit. We were last there in August - sadly, not this weekend! I'll post a few pictures in the gallery.Great shots Dick. I'm very impressed with the range of tones you get in your photos - exposure and development working in harmony.

Brian
19th September 2008, 06:15 PM
Well, if everything goes to plan I'm off to buy myself a new lens :D

Brian

Dave miller
19th September 2008, 07:13 PM
Well, if everything goes to plan I'm off to buy myself a new lens :D

Brian

Well I’m jealous.:( Is this a new to you, or a new, new lens?;)

Brian
21st September 2008, 08:34 AM
Well I’m jealous.:( Is this a n09ew to you, or a new, new lens?;)

Hmm, been a bit naughty as I appear to have acquired not one, but two lenses; both of which came complete with boxes ;)

Got to go and buy some more filters now :(

Brian

Dave miller
21st September 2008, 08:44 AM
Commiserations Brian, I have the same trouble, these things leap out to me. I believe it’s some sort of inner magnetism. I have the same effect on stray cats.

Dave miller
23rd September 2008, 11:49 AM
Well a nice weekend weather wise, but winter has returned here in the East Midlands. Brrrrrrrrr:(

Stoo Batchelor
24th September 2008, 12:01 PM
I have been doing a bit of testing, Adox CHS25 developed in Pyrocat M, and at the same time I was testing my newly serviced Mamiya C3. The negatives look fantastic so I am looking forward to making a test print this weekend.

If successful I will be shooting some still life's of some old leaves that got walked in to my flat (yes, I know, I'm getting lazy!)

That will just about wrap up this weekend for me.

Stoo