PDA

View Full Version : Instant online picture assessment!

RH Designs
15th May 2009, 12:45 PM
Next time you disagree with a camera club judge, try submitting the picture to acquine (http://acquine.alipr.com/) for an instant aesthetic judgement.

What is Acquine? "Aesthetic Quality Inference Engine - Intelligent, Unbiased and Instant Assessment of Photos". Put simply, an online computer program which analyses your (colour, not b+w) picture and decides on its aesthetic value - or otherwise. Is it a gimmick or does it have any real value?

It doesn't think much of some of mine ;).

Mike O'Pray
15th May 2009, 05:55 PM
Sounds like it's a cobbled-together machine that ressembles the definition of a camel. A horse designed by a committee :D:

I think anyone's attitude ought to be that of the late Freddie Trueman when he advertised, I think, St Bruno pipe tobacco in the 70s. He said: "They ( the advertisers) wanted me to say and contemptuously he'd reel off a number of sentences of ad speak, then adding in very emphatic tones "but I like it because it suits me" and his face would indicate that that was the end of the matter.

Mike

Sandeha Lynch
15th May 2009, 06:24 PM
Rather than Acquine, they shoulda called it Asinine.

Hehehehe.

Jon Butler
15th May 2009, 08:32 PM
The worlds gone mad. I may give up photography and go back
back to painting.

JON.

Mike O'Pray
15th May 2009, 10:47 PM
. I may give up photography and go back
back to painting.

JON.

If I gave up photography I'd end up painting almost all the time. The kitchen, lounge, bedrooms :D

Mike