PDA

View Full Version : Print Exchange Round 74 July 2015

Tony Marlow
16th June 2015, 08:17 PM
It is time to think about Round 74, June print exchange. All those who want to participate please post here and send me a PM to confirm your address if I do not already have it or you have changed your address.
Closing date for registering your entry is 30th June 2015. Latest date for sending your print is 31st July 2015. I am only looking for one print in a month; there is plenty of room on my spreadsheet for all your entries so no one needs to hold back.

Print Exchange Rules
To start with you will have the remainder of this month to sign up, the cut-off being the last day of the month. If you wish to be included then make a post on this thread to that effect, and at the same time send me a PM with your name, and address.
Head the PM with the title “FADU Print Exchange Round”, and add the round number
At the beginning of next month those that have given me their details will be provided with the name and address of one other member to whom you will be expected to send your print before the end of the month.

You will not be told who has been asked to send you a print, so that it remains a surprise until you receive it. When you send your print please post to that effect on this thread, but do not say to whom you have sent it. We like to maintain the element of surprise until the last moment. When you receive a print please post to that effect on this thread, you may say who it is from and comment on it if you wish.

Anyone failing to send out their print without good reason will be excluded from future events. If you run into difficulty in this respect then please let me know.
If you wish to participate then confirm your intention on this thread and also send me a PM with your name and address.

The selection process will be as random as possible, and I will try and ensure that you receive a print from a different person in each round although eventually there will be some repetition.

Rules
• Your print must have been printed from a negative exposed in a film camera
• Inkjet, digitally printed photographs, or computer manipulated images are not allowed
• Your print paper can be any size that will fit in an envelope up to A4 size
• The image may be any size or format
• Paper type and finish is your choice, as is the subject
• Alternative processes, toning or other treatments are all accepted
• It is recommended you provide some background information with your print to assist your recipient as this encourages interchange
• Don‟t forget to enclose your details and FADU name so your recipient can thank you
• You are only responsible for the cost of posting your own print
• Please ensure you dispatch your print within the round month
• You must enjoy the experience
• If you have any queries or problems -please contact me as soon as possible.
Tony

Richard Gould
17th June 2015, 06:15 AM
I'm in again, please Tony
Richard

JohnnyAtari
17th June 2015, 12:15 PM
Count me in again please Tony.

Chris.

Derek Lincoln
17th June 2015, 01:34 PM
Put me down again Tony at the same address.

Derek

BobRob
18th June 2015, 04:39 PM
yes please Tony

bobrob

TonyMiller
18th June 2015, 04:49 PM
I'll have another go please Tony - same details as previous. Thanks

chisel
18th June 2015, 10:16 PM
yes please...

RichardWarom
19th June 2015, 04:30 AM
Me to please Tony also same details.
Richard

alexmuir
19th June 2015, 11:07 AM
Count me in again, please.
Alex

MikeHeller
29th June 2015, 08:35 AM
Count me in again, please.
Thanks, Mike

Tony Marlow
1st July 2015, 09:17 AM
The list for Round 74 is now closed. Those who have joined are listed below; if I have missed anybody please let me know immediately. I will try and get PMs out tomorrow but if I don't they wont be out until w/c 12th July.

Richard Gould
JohnnyAtari
Derek Lincoln
BobRob
Tony Miller
chisel
RichardWarom
alexmuir
MikeHeller

Tony

chisel
3rd July 2015, 03:07 PM
mine went out today....

Derek Lincoln
6th July 2015, 07:56 AM
mine went out today....

and received today Fran, a picture of a street performer in Dublin. Comments in the Gallery when the print goes "live."

Derek

chisel
6th July 2015, 11:29 PM
I can't believe it got to you that quick!!

Posted it in the gallery just now.

BobRob
8th July 2015, 11:02 AM
Posted mine today

Bobrob.

alexmuir
13th July 2015, 12:42 PM
Posted my print this morning.
Alex

Derek Lincoln
14th July 2015, 02:45 PM
Posted today.

Derek

RichardWarom
15th July 2015, 04:32 AM
[QUOTE=alexmuir;103395]Posted my print this morning.
Alex[/QUOTE

Received yesterday afternoon a lovely IR print of Iona Abbey its printed on MG IV RC gloss and the photo was exposed at 6 ASA using an R72 filter the Abbey stands out really sharp from the IR effect grassland leading up to it and the muted sky behind I like it very much thanks Alex.
Richard

alexmuir
15th July 2015, 07:16 AM
Thanks Richard. I'm glad you liked the print.
Alex

chisel
15th July 2015, 11:03 PM
Posted mine today

Bobrob.

And received safely today. Thanks indeed for a lovely print - I'll add comments in the gallery ok?

Richard Gould
17th July 2015, 12:07 PM
Posted today.

Derek

And was waiting for me when I got home. a great mountain shot,the type I wish I could take but alas no mountains, love the rocks in the foreground and the way they lead the eye into the photo, Thanks Derek, another for my collection
Richard

RichardWarom
18th July 2015, 04:29 AM
Posted mine yesterday afternoon.
Richard

BobRob
19th July 2015, 10:33 AM
Received a print from Richard yesterday morning,
A well considered view of Liverpool waterfront, showing the stark contrast between old and new buildings.

Thank you Richard, the image has prompted me to make the effort
to visit the location myself and brought back many good memoires if my excellent xa camera.

bobrob

RichardWarom
20th July 2015, 04:40 AM
"quote BobRob"(Thank you Richard, the image has prompted me to make the effort to visit the location myself and brought back many good memoires if my excellent xa camera).

Liverpool is a place I love to visit with lots to photograph. Wherever I go I always carry my XA with me loaded with Rollie Retro 400S as you say an excellent camera so small yet gives big results.
Richard

MikeHeller
22nd July 2015, 04:31 PM
My offering is in the post.
Mike

JohnnyAtari
22nd July 2015, 05:53 PM
Sent mine today.

Richard Gould
24th July 2015, 10:59 AM
Just posted mine
Richard

JohnnyAtari
24th July 2015, 03:36 PM
My offering is in the post.
Mike

Received my print this morning. A great print of ships rigging. A different perspective to what would normally be used, I like a different approach to make a picture stand out from the rest!

alexmuir
24th July 2015, 09:09 PM
Sent mine today.

Received safely today. Many thanks,
Alex

TonyMiller
27th July 2015, 05:10 PM
My print went in the post today.

TonyMiller
28th July 2015, 01:54 PM
Hi Richard, thanks for your two very nice prints. Although not mentioned in your letter how are the prints toned? I especially like the effect - it suits the subject very well.
Thanks again.

Just posted mine
Richard

Richard Gould
28th July 2015, 03:30 PM
Hi Tony, glad you like them, I use Fomatoner sepia, dilute at half the suggested rate, that is I use 50ml of both toner and bleach to 1 litre of water, and bleach back until I think the prints are back far enough then wash and tone, I use the Kentmere RC paper as it is the best RC for toning around, nearly as good as FB, if not as good.
Richard

TonyMiller
28th July 2015, 03:35 PM
Thanks Richard for the detailed info - you've certainly obtained a lovely look with these.

Hi Tony, glad you like them, I use Fomatoner sepia, dilute at half the suggested rate, that is I use 50ml of both toner and bleach to 1 litre of water, and bleach back until I think the prints are back far enough then wash and tone, I use the Kentmere RC paper as it is the best RC for toning around, nearly as good as FB, if not as good.
Richard

TonyMiller
28th July 2015, 04:50 PM
Richard asked me to scan his prints. Here they are as requested.

Richard Gould
28th July 2015, 05:16 PM
Thanks Tony, I am a computer idiot, now please how do I get them into the Gallery?.
Richard

TonyMiller
28th July 2015, 06:16 PM
Click on the image to open it, right-click on the opened image and select save image, save it to your hard drive somewhere where you can find it later, then upload it from there to the gallery as normal.

Richard Gould
28th July 2015, 06:59 PM
Thanks Tony, now in gallery
Richard

MikeHeller
29th July 2015, 02:40 PM
My print went in the post today.

And arrived today, thanks A print of a small fishing boat(s) and fisherman's hut on the coast near Whitby. The tones in the print are very 'juicy' with a lot of depth - very suitable for the subject. A worthy addition to my growing collection of proper prints. I like the covering notes as it gives a context to the print which I find is important to my enjoyment of them.
Thanks, Mike

TonyMiller
29th July 2015, 02:58 PM
Thanks Mike

And arrived today, thanks A print of a small fishing boat(s) and fisherman's hut on the coast near Whitby. The tones in the print are very 'juicy' with a lot of depth - very suitable for the subject. A worthy addition to my growing collection of proper prints. I like the covering notes as it gives a context to the print which I find is important to my enjoyment of them.
Thanks, Mike