PDA

View Full Version : Print Exchange Round 76, September

Tony Marlow
21st August 2015, 04:12 PM
It is time to think about Round 76, September print exchange. All those who want to participate please post here and send me a PM to confirm your address if I do not already have it or you have changed your address.
Closing date for registering your entry is 31st August 2015. Latest date for sending your print is 30th September 2015. I am only looking for one print in a month; there is plenty of room on my spreadsheet for all your entries so no one needs to hold back.

Print Exchange Rules
To start with you will have the remainder of this month to sign up, the cut-off being the last day of the month. If you wish to be included then make a post on this thread to that effect, and at the same time send me a PM with your name, and address.
Head the PM with the title “FADU Print Exchange Round”, and add the round number
At the beginning of next month those that have given me their details will be provided with the name and address of one other member to whom you will be expected to send your print before the end of the month.

You will not be told who has been asked to send you a print, so that it remains a surprise until you receive it. When you send your print please post to that effect on this thread, but do not say to whom you have sent it. We like to maintain the element of surprise until the last moment. When you receive a print please post to that effect on this thread, you may say who it is from and comment on it if you wish.

Anyone failing to send out their print without good reason will be excluded from future events. If you run into difficulty in this respect then please let me know.
If you wish to participate then confirm your intention on this thread and also send me a PM with your name and address.

The selection process will be as random as possible, and I will try and ensure that you receive a print from a different person in each round although eventually there will be some repetition.

Rules
• Your print must have been printed from a negative exposed in a film camera
• Inkjet, digitally printed photographs, or computer manipulated images are not allowed
• Your print paper can be any size that will fit in an envelope up to A4 size
• The image may be any size or format
• Paper type and finish is your choice, as is the subject
• Alternative processes, toning or other treatments are all accepted
• It is recommended you provide some background information with your print to assist your recipient as this encourages interchange
• Don‟t forget to enclose your details and FADU name so your recipient can thank you
• You are only responsible for the cost of posting your own print
• Please ensure you dispatch your print within the round month
• You must enjoy the experience
• If you have any queries or problems -please contact me as soon as possible.
Tony

Derek Lincoln
22nd August 2015, 08:41 AM
Put me in Tony please. Same address.

Richard Gould
22nd August 2015, 09:13 AM
Count me in again, please,Tony
Richard

alexmuir
22nd August 2015, 02:51 PM
Count me in again, please, Tony.
Alex

JohnnyAtari
22nd August 2015, 04:11 PM
Oh, go on then. Count me in again please Tony.

RichardWarom
23rd August 2015, 04:25 AM
Yes please Tony.
Richard

chisel
23rd August 2015, 08:10 PM
yes please....

chefsteve
29th August 2015, 08:27 AM
Yes please Toni.
Steve

MartyNL
30th August 2015, 08:05 PM
It's the end of the school holidays so I'd like to take part again please Tony.

alexmuir
30th August 2015, 08:19 PM
I'm in again. Thanks Tony.
Alex

alexmuir
30th August 2015, 08:21 PM
I've just realised I've already joined this round......sorry for the duplicate post!
Alex

Tony Marlow
31st August 2015, 09:10 AM
The list for roumd 76 closes tomorrow, anyone wishing to join and has not already done so please let me know by tomorrow. Those who have joined are listed below:-

Derek Lincoln
Richard Gould
alexmuir
JohnnyAtari
RichardWarom
chisel
yuneeks
chefsteve
MartyNL

Tony

Tony Marlow
31st August 2015, 09:13 AM
I've just realised I've already joined this round......sorry for the duplicate post!
Alex

I was just going to put you down for double prints!!!!

Tony

MikeHeller
31st August 2015, 03:56 PM
Count me in, please. Where has the month gone to?
Mike

TonyMiller
31st August 2015, 07:30 PM
Yes please Tony - same address.

Tony Marlow
1st September 2015, 06:37 PM
The list for Round 76 is now closed. Those who have joined are listed below; if I have missed anybody please let me know immediately. PMs will go out by the weekend.

Derek Lincoln
Richard Gould
alexmuir
JohnnyAtari
RichardWarom
chisel
yuneeks
chefsteve
MartyNL
MikeHeller
Tony Miller

Tony

yuneeks
1st September 2015, 06:46 PM
Thank you. I'm on the list again. Yay!

MartyNL
5th September 2015, 03:51 PM
The print was posted today.

chisel
7th September 2015, 12:40 PM
I posted mine this morning....

TonyMiller
9th September 2015, 01:47 PM
Posted this afternoon.....

alexmuir
9th September 2015, 02:55 PM
The print was posted today.

Just received, a truly stunning print! The scene is early morning at the Callanish Stone Circle. The print is on a quality FB paper, from a 6x6 negative. The composition and printing are both excellent, and I'm delighted with it. Thank you, Martin, and please post to the Gallery for everyone to enjoy.
Alex.

MartyNL
9th September 2015, 09:09 PM
Just received, a truly stunning print! The scene is early morning at the Callanish Stone Circle. The print is on a quality FB paper, from a 6x6 negative. The composition and printing are both excellent, and I'm delighted with it. Thank you, Martin, and please post to the Gallery for everyone to enjoy.
Alex.

Unfortunately I'm without a scanner at the mo' Alex but very many thanks for the positive comments, they're much appreciated.

chefsteve
10th September 2015, 02:12 PM
Mine went in the post this morning.
Steve

alexmuir
10th September 2015, 07:11 PM
I see we don't have a Round 76 Gallery yet. I wonder if it could be set up soon so that I can post my scan of the excellent print I received from MartyNL. Many thanks,
Alex.

yuneeks
11th September 2015, 06:13 PM
Hello chisel,

I just got the most beautiful and peaceful looking forest and brook scene, like a scene in the elf forests in the Middle Earth series of JRR Tolkien. May your tribe increase. Thanks for the photo.

I posted mine this morning....

alexmuir
11th September 2015, 06:47 PM
Thanks for organising the Round 76 Gallery, Tony. I have posted the print I received from MartyNL. I wonder if it could be altered to show that it is his work. Thanks again,
Alex.

Bill
13th September 2015, 06:28 AM
I have posted the print I received from MartyNL. I wonder if it could be altered to show that it is his work. Thanks again,
Alex.

The change has been made.

There is a discussion elsewhere on the forum how to do it if I remember correctly. At the top RH corner there is a button for "Photo Options" Click that and in the drop down list there is the option to Edit the photo. This includes the option to change the owner near the bottom.

Bill

Richard Gould
13th September 2015, 08:07 AM
Posted this afternoon.....

Arrivied on Friday, sorry for being late in posting, but I have not had a minute to spare until now with my last Classic car show of the ''summer'' season, A lovely quite country scene with a beautiful tree in the forground, Thanks Tony, another great addition to my collection,
Richard

Derek Lincoln
14th September 2015, 02:11 PM
Posted this afternoon.

Derek

TonyMiller
14th September 2015, 04:30 PM
Thanks Richard. Glad you liked it.

Arrivied on Friday, sorry for being late in posting, but I have not had a minute to spare until now with my last Classic car show of the ''summer'' season, A lovely quite country scene with a beautiful tree in the forground, Thanks Tony, another great addition to my collection,
Richard

RichardWarom
16th September 2015, 04:44 AM
Received from Derek yesterday afternoon a print of overgrown allotments which he says is part of a project he is doing on life in Shelton near Stoke-on Trent. Its packed full of interesting tones and nice and sharp a pleasing photo of not an easy subject, thanks Derek it will go on the exchange print wall in my darkroom.
Hope your recovering now.
Richard

Derek Lincoln
16th September 2015, 08:45 AM
Thank you for your kind comments Richard. Postal deliveries seem to be getting quicker?

Derek

MikeHeller
16th September 2015, 11:49 AM
My offering has been consigned to the tender mercies of the Post.
Mike

RichardWarom
17th September 2015, 04:39 AM
Posted mine yesterday afternoon.
Richard

Richard Gould
17th September 2015, 02:51 PM
just posted mine
Richard

TonyMiller
17th September 2015, 04:49 PM
Hi Richard, thank you for the print which arrived today.

It's a photograph of a natural fault through which a stream has worn into a ravine. Richard has included both natural elements as well as the remnants of an industrial past. It was taken with a large format camera.
It's an interesting photograph and a decent print of a difficult scene contrast-wise, I would think. The composition is excellent and, as Richard writes, there is probably more detail than the print shows which would be worth exploring further.
I was also interested to see the paper and film he used - both of which I have no experience of.
Thanks again Richard, I'm very pleased to receive it.

Posted mine yesterday afternoon.
Richard

RichardWarom
18th September 2015, 04:51 AM
Thank you for your comments Tony they are very encouraging.
Richard

MartyNL
19th September 2015, 08:53 PM
My offering has been consigned to the tender mercies of the Post.
Mike

And just received today Mike.

A photo taken under challenging circumstances but I'll let Mike tell more about it when he posts it in the gallery.
And I agree with you about the figures in the distance, they add interest and also a sense of scale.
Not often we see street photography and printed on paper I'm not familiar with.

Many thanks,
Martin

alexmuir
23rd September 2015, 08:36 AM
Just posted
Alex

chefsteve
24th September 2015, 03:32 PM
Just posted
Alex

And received this morning. A lovely image of a park in Glasgow taken on Rollei IR using a rolleicord. Good contrast between the areas in shade and those in sunlight with the highlights on the water. Gave me the inspiration to go straight out with my mamiya that I have had a roll of Rollei IR loaded in for a while.
Thank you alex.
Steve

alexmuir
24th September 2015, 09:01 PM
I'm glad you liked the print, Steve. I'll post it to the Gallery. Thanks,
Alex.

JohnnyAtari
25th September 2015, 03:13 PM
Mine went in the post this morning.
Steve

Apologies for the late reply, the print was waiting on my doormat after I returned from holiday.

JohnnyAtari
25th September 2015, 03:14 PM
Once again, apologies for the late submission - mine was posted this morning.

Derek Lincoln
26th September 2015, 12:22 PM
Once again, apologies for the late submission - mine was posted this morning.

and received this morning Chris. A fine sepia toned shot of cut logs. The sepia shows the variable lighting on the cut faces to excellent effect. Did you use a tripod or was this hand-held Chris?

Derek

JohnnyAtari
26th September 2015, 04:17 PM
and received this morning Chris. A fine sepia toned shot of cut logs. The sepia shows the variable lighting on the cut faces to excellent effect. Did you use a tripod or was this hand-held Chris?

Derek

Derek,

Since I was carrying a RZ67 and two film backs, I very much doubt I would have had the strength to haul my tripod with me as well, so I'll confidently reply to your query with a resounding "no" - my wife already refers to the RZ67 as "the fridge". :)

Can't even imagine how large format shooters manage to drag all their kit up hillsides and across fields. I'd seriously need a team of Sherpas for that.

Chris

chisel
26th September 2015, 11:42 PM
Received safe and sound yesterday Richard.

Its a still life with some bottles- great frosted/worn look on them Richard - I wondered if you had frozen them immediately before shooting? The print is on kentmere vc fine lustre - I went through a box of this recently and I think its one of the finest RC papers out there. There are some lovely dark tones in the print that the paper (and Richard of course) renders beautifully.

I keep saying I must have a go at still life.....

Fran

just posted mine
Richard

Richard Gould
27th September 2015, 12:48 PM
Received safe and sound yesterday Richard.

Its a still life with some bottles- great frosted/worn look on them Richard - I wondered if you had frozen them immediately before shooting? The print is on kentmere vc fine lustre - I went through a box of this recently and I think its one of the finest RC papers out there. There are some lovely dark tones in the print that the paper (and Richard of course) renders beautifully.

I keep saying I must have a go at still life.....

Fran
Glad you liked it Fran,they were not frozen before shooting, I had found them in a hedge a while ago, and bought them home and shot them as they were,
Richard

MikeHeller
6th October 2015, 12:04 PM
Received a colour print of a flower from yuneeks - the first colour print in these exchanges! You have to be keen to do colour printing - never managed to motivate myself to do so. I can quite understand not wanting to go into the D/R in the heat and a print done previously would also have been my recourse in this situation.
Thanks, Mike

yuneeks
7th October 2015, 03:49 PM
Thanks. I've posted the scanned version of the photo print. It's a bit altered (color corrected). That photo print is a product of my numerous experiments with the second hand (dirt cheap) dichroic head I got on ebay. It is still a bit too green. Hope you liked it. It's yours now. I will do more prints after I refresh my developer. Maybe I'll try other types of developers. R09 is getting old for me. And my fixer is dated January still. Hope to join again in the winter months.

Cool!

-Chin

Received a colour print of a flower from yuneeks - the first colour print in these exchanges! You have to be keen to do colour printing - never managed to motivate myself to do so. I can quite understand not wanting to go into the D/R in the heat and a print done previously would also have been my recourse in this situation.
Thanks, Mike