PDA

View Full Version : just a quick question

big paul
2nd December 2015, 04:06 PM
just a quick question how much does it cost to have a roll of colour negative film developed 24 or 36 exposures ...thanks

www.essexcockney.com

photomi7ch
2nd December 2015, 04:39 PM
The last time I had one developed which is getting on for a couple of years, it was around the £7-8 mark.

JohnnyAtari
2nd December 2015, 05:01 PM
Our local ASDA used to develop for £2 per roll, not sure if they still do it or not - I've never had any done there myself. The only drawback is the staff are usually not experienced mini lab operators, so quality control might not be very good. Obviously this depends upon the staff in your nearest store.

If you're after top results, I'd recommend a proper pro lab.

big paul
2nd December 2015, 05:12 PM
I have given some cheap colour film to somebody she can scan the negs ,its just the price of having them developed ,I didn't think about dev costs at the time ,silly me

www.essexcockney.com

GoodOldNorm
2nd December 2015, 07:20 PM
Have a look at AG Photographic their charges are very reasonable.

big paul
3rd December 2015, 10:39 AM
I had a look at there site last night ,thanks norm and thanks all

www.essexcockney.com

photomi7ch
3rd December 2015, 11:22 AM
Our local ASDA used to develop for £2 per roll, not sure if they still do it or not - I've never had any done there myself. The only drawback is the staff are usually not experienced mini lab operators, so quality control might not be very good. Obviously this depends upon the staff in your nearest store.

If you're after top results, I'd recommend a proper pro lab.

I have had some processed at asda because I could not be arsed to go into town. I have not been back:mad:

JohnnyAtari
3rd December 2015, 01:04 PM
I have had some processed at asda because I could not be arsed to go into town. I have not been back:mad:

I take it by your comments that you weren't very impressed by the service then? I was very close to trying them earlier this year, as I needed a handful of rolls of XP2 developing and I couldn't be bothered mixing up the C-41 chemicals just for a few rolls. I thought about it for a few days, then decided against letting them loose with my films. Even though there was nothing hugely important on the films, I though it was worth a little effort on my part as I'd be gutted if the films came back with dust and scratches on.

I don't think we've got anywhere in town that does developing anymore, hence why I just end up developing my own. Takes a bit longer, but I've got no-one except myself to blame when the films are covered in dust and crap!

TonyMiller
3rd December 2015, 04:01 PM
I'd agree about ag-photolab. Good service and spotless negs, quick turnaround and reasonable prices. I once had a roll done at Asda in Manchester - I think someone must have cleaned the floor with the negs to get them dry!!

Peltigera
11th December 2015, 04:57 PM
I use Snappy Snaps in Lincoln and they charge me £5.00 to develop and scan to CD. They have three prices depending on how long you want to wait - £5.00 is giving them three days - it costs £8.00 for next day and more for i hour.

ashfaque
14th December 2015, 12:24 PM
Snappy Snaps near Bond Street screwed my two rolls. :( Their price and service quality vary quite a lot from branch to branch. I haven't visited there since then.

johnmargetts
14th December 2015, 05:33 PM
Snappy Snaps are a franchise so there is little central quality assurance. I am lucky in that Lincoln Snappy Snaps is run by film enthusiasts.

JOReynolds
14th December 2015, 11:17 PM
Snappy Snaps near Bond Street screwed my two rolls.
As I posted before, ask to see their C41 control strips. If they can't produce them they don't know their business.

Terry S
24th December 2015, 11:34 AM
Apart from some of the professional labs, to whom you pay extra to get a guaranteed good service, other places mentioned seem to vary from branch to branch having read threads like this on here and other forums.

Luckily for me in Southend on Sea, work produced at both of my local Asda's and Snappy Snaps has been great up to now, fingers crossed.

I think it really is a case in general of, you get what you pay for!

Terry S

pentaxpete
28th December 2015, 07:33 PM
I use BOOTS of Brentwood High Street for 35mm C41 now and 'Bill' there KNOWS about photography and can tell the difference between a Cyan cast and a Green cast ! 24 exps is £4-99 for dev and prints two day service and I have shown lots of his prints in my 'Albums' on here.

JOReynolds
29th December 2015, 10:58 PM
Photographer's lament - you know the tune...
'some days my prints will come'

big paul
31st December 2015, 10:00 PM
thanks for all your replies it seems to be pot luck to where you live ,so I guess its a matter of taking a roll to your nearest colour film processors and hoping for the best ..

www.essexcockney.com