PDA

View Full Version : New Fomapan Reseller

ianbarber
13th September 2016, 03:18 PM
During the last week or so, I have been exchanging emails with the FomaPan with a view to becoming an authorised reseller for their products.

I finally received confirmation of Friday that I had been accepted. I have spent the last 2 days creating a new website and adding a small selection of products.

At this time, I am only shipping within the Uk due to the costs of postage.

Also, due to the restrictions of Royal Mail, any liquids or powder based products have to be dispatched via a courier service.

Although the website is in its early stages with regards to the number of products in the catalog, it is now live. http://www.fomapan.co.uk

Ian

Barry
13th September 2016, 03:59 PM
Ian,

We do not need or want unsolicited advertising on fadu. Please stop.

ianbarber
13th September 2016, 04:39 PM
Ian,

We do not need or want unsolicited advertising on fadu. Please stop.

Hi Barry

Please accept my apologies and remove the post

Ian

Barry
13th September 2016, 05:54 PM
Ian,

I will leave your post here, I am not trying to stifle competition but please ask before making 'commercial' posts.

ianbarber
13th September 2016, 06:04 PM
Ian,

I will leave your post here, I am not trying to stifle competition but please ask before making 'commercial' posts.

Thanks Barry. I ought have been a little more considerate really just that i was talking to Martin Reed who suggested maybe a plug on the forum.

Once again, please accept my apologies and thanks for keeping the post live

Ian

John King
14th September 2016, 07:02 AM
I have never used Formopan. Was it previously known by some other name possibly Adox or is this a new(ish) film? I quite liked ADOX.

How does it compare to the 'standard' FP4?

ianbarber
14th September 2016, 07:09 AM
Fomapan has actually been around for many years but I just don't think its been pushed as much as the the other brands.

from my personal experience, I really like the look of the end result especially the 5x4 range. I usually develop it in Kodak HC-110 at dilution F for around 12 minutes

CambsIan
14th September 2016, 08:19 PM
John, I like Foma, it's possibly the cheapest on the market and has an old fashioned look to it. If you fancy a look I've just posted a new album (Old Timers) all shot on Foma 100.

Ian

Mike O'Pray
14th September 2016, 10:11 PM
My impression in the recent past was that Foma was the cheapest in the market by quite a margin across the whole range but a quick check shows that one of our sponsors is slightly cheaper for HP5 in 120

Foma still seems to have the edge by quite a margin in bulk film. I haven't checked 35mm and sheet film

I fear that the drop in the GBP to euro exchange rate may further damage Foma's price edge.

This isn't to say that Foma isn't a good film nor that all our decisions on films should be on price. Simply that one of Foma's "edges", namely price, is being eroded and may continue to be so

Mike