PDA

View Full Version : Fomapan R100 Developing set

joeroberts
31st December 2016, 02:38 PM
Hi, I have three questions about the Fomapan R100 processing set for developing B/W reversal film.

1) To develop 8mm film what size baths (in ml) do you need to prepare? The kit talks about 330ml baths for 35ml slide film but i assume for 8 or 16ml film at 10 meters I'll need a larger bath? Tetenals E6 asks for 1 litre baths.

2) How many films can I develop successfully with one bath/one kit?

3) How long do the chemicals last once mixed?

Thanks!

alexmuir
31st December 2016, 03:25 PM
I don't know the answers, but you might find some useful information on the Filmshooting forum. That's where I look for cine/movie related advice. There is a Russian manufactured tank made for 8 and 16mm films. You see them quite often on eBay, but you would need to know about them before investing as they tend to be expensive, and not always complete. Apologies if you already know all this!
Alex.

Quendil
18th January 2020, 06:43 PM
Hi, I have three questions about the Fomapan R100 processing set for developing B/W reversal film.

1) To develop 8mm film what size baths (in ml) do you need to prepare? The kit talks about 330ml baths for 35ml slide film but i assume for 8 or 16ml film at 10 meters I'll need a larger bath? Tetenals E6 asks for 1 litre baths.

2) How many films can I develop successfully with one bath/one kit?

3) How long do the chemicals last once mixed?

Thanks!

Did you ever find out how long the chemicals last once mixed?

CambsIan
18th January 2020, 07:27 PM
Hi Joe,

I have been looking into this for a while, and I can't seem to find anyone that knows how long the mixed chemicals will last, not even Foma

There are several videos on YouTube that show the process, both for 35mm and 8mm they seem pretty helpful.

Like this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpASE2Zd5QE

Foma also do a data sheet https://www.foma.cz/en/catalogue-processing-set-for-fomapan-r100-detail-440

Hope they may be of some help

Ian

CambsIan
18th January 2020, 07:41 PM
Me again, just re read the data sheet, this is what they say about 35mm and 8mm

Efficiency of the set
– for processing of 8 pcs 135/36 FOMAPAN R 100 cine-films
(or 2 pcs 2x8 mm/10.5 m; 1 pc 16 mm/30 m).

Ian