PDA

View Full Version : Print Exchange Round 8

Tony Marlow
16th June 2009, 03:54 PM
Its time to time to think about Round 8. All those who want to participate please post here and send me a PM to confirm your address.
Closing date for registering your entry is 30th June 2009. Latest date for sending your print is 31st July 2009. I am only looking for one print a month; there is plenty of room on my spreadsheet for all your entries so no need to hold back.

Print Exchange Rules
To start with you will have the remainder of this month to sign up, the cut-off being the last day of the month. If you wish to be included then make a post on this thread to that effect, and at the same time send me a PM with your name, and address.
Head the PM with the title “FADU Print Exchange Round”, and add the round number
At the beginning of next month those that have given me their details will be provided with the name and address of one other member to whom you will be expected to send your print before the end of the month.

You will not be told who has been asked to send you a print, so that it remains a surprise until you receive it. When you send your print please post to that effect on this thread, but do not say to whom you have sent it. We like to maintain the element of surprise until the last moment. When you receive a print please post to that effect on this thread, you may say who it is from and comment on it if you wish.

Anyone failing to send out their print without good reason will be excluded from future events. If you run into difficulty in this respect then please let me know.
If you wish to participate then confirm your intention on this thread and also send me a PM with your name and address.

The selection process will be as random as possible, and I will try and ensure that you receive a print from a different person in each round although eventually there will be some repetition.

Rules.
1. Your photograph must have originated from a film exposed in a proper camera.
2. Your print can be any size up to 10”x 8”.
3. Paper type and finish is your choice, as is the subject.
4. The image may be any size or format.
5. Toning or other treatment is optional.
6. Inkjet, or digitally printed photographs or computer manipulated images are ineligible.
7. The addition of explanatory notes is optional, but your recipient may appreciate some background information, and if you do not say who it is from, they cannot thank you for it.
8. You must enjoy the experience.

Waiting to hear from you all.
Tony

Jon Butler
16th June 2009, 06:51 PM
Yes please.

Dave miller
16th June 2009, 06:58 PM
Me too!

Rob Archer
16th June 2009, 07:20 PM
Blimey - I've only just done a print for round 7!

Better count me in too please.

Rob

Sandeha Lynch
18th June 2009, 06:18 PM
Aye, me.

PaulG
26th June 2009, 12:06 PM
Me too, please.

Tony Marlow
26th June 2009, 07:50 PM
The list for Round 8 will be closing next Tuesday night. Anyone who has not entered yet and wishes to do so please let me know by Tuesday.
The list so far is:-
Dave
Jon Butler
Rob Archer
Geetoo
Sandeha Lynch
Armadillo
Tony Marlow

Tony

Bob
26th June 2009, 07:55 PM
Add me in please Tony.

Cheers.

RH Designs
29th June 2009, 01:37 PM
Yes please.

Bill
29th June 2009, 06:30 PM
I'm in again please. PM Sent

Bill

vincent
30th June 2009, 06:51 PM
Tony I know that I'm cutting it fine, but can you include me.

Cheers
vincent

Tony Marlow
30th June 2009, 06:53 PM
You are in Vincent,

Tony

B&W Neil
30th June 2009, 07:22 PM
Tony,

I'm cutting it even finer that Vincent so if there is still time - pop me into R 8 please :-)

Neil.

StanW
30th June 2009, 10:27 PM
Am I just too late? If not, I'd really like to join.

Tony Marlow
2nd July 2009, 09:46 AM
Final list for Round 8 as follows:-
Dave
Jon Butler
Rob Archer
Geetoo
Sandeha Lynch
Armadillo
Tony Marlow
Bob
RH Designs
BillMar
Vincent
mono-inthedark
StanW

If I have missed anybody please let me know immediately. PMs will be sent shortly

Tony

B&W Neil
2nd July 2009, 09:48 AM
Many thanks Tony :-)

Neil.

StanW
2nd July 2009, 09:58 PM
Thanks, Tony; I'm looking forward to this

Tony Marlow
3rd July 2009, 09:50 AM
I have sent out all the PMs for round 8 but cocked up on the last date for sending. I said 31 June 2009 which of course should 31 July 2009, sorry about that.
Tony

Jon Butler
3rd July 2009, 09:48 PM
I put my print in the post tonight on our way out.
JON.

Jon Butler
6th July 2009, 07:57 PM
No gallery for round 8 yet?
JON.

Bob
6th July 2009, 11:35 PM
No gallery for round 8 yet?
JON.Added.

StanW
6th July 2009, 11:46 PM
My print was posted today. I hope its wings are up to the distance.

Jon Butler
7th July 2009, 07:48 PM
Thanks Bob.
JON.

B&W Neil
8th July 2009, 08:49 AM
Bob's (GeeToo) print arrived today Thanks, Bob, a very nice snow scene.

Neil.

RH Designs
10th July 2009, 10:03 AM
My print was posted today. I hope its wings are up to the distance.

It must have had the afterburners on as it arrived here safely this morning! Thanks Stan, a high quality study of a decaying wooden building - very atmospheric.

Bill
10th July 2009, 08:08 PM
My print went in the post today.

Bill

StanW
11th July 2009, 01:30 AM
It sure must have. I'm glad you like it.

BobRob
11th July 2009, 06:35 PM
Hi every one.

just recieved my print form Jon Butler, absolutly wonderfull image taken in Crete on his mamya 7 and printed onto MG4 fibre semi-mat.
Definatly one that must be framed and displayed.

I really must do better so it's back to the drawing board perhaps.

thanks Jon.

Bob Roberson...geetoo.

Jon Butler
11th July 2009, 07:12 PM
Bob,
Glad you like my print. I was beginning to worry it had got lost in the post.
JON.

du a gwyn
12th July 2009, 10:30 AM
please add me in please Tony,i promise to be the first to send my entry this time!!!!
diolch

Sandeha Lynch
13th July 2009, 05:12 PM
Mine's in the post.

vincent
14th July 2009, 12:05 PM
I have just dropped my print in the post and I received this morning a print from Bill Mar featuring a shot from Morecambe Bay. It is a lovely quality print showing a groyne receeding into the background. The timber posts themselves are worthy of a photo study. I've not used Kentmere papers before but this would encourage me to give them a go.

Cheers
Vincent
PS. Do put it up on the gallery.

PaulG
14th July 2009, 12:30 PM
Mine went in the post today.

RH Designs
15th July 2009, 10:58 AM
Mine will be posted today.

PaulG
15th July 2009, 07:43 PM
Mine's in the post.

And received today with thanks. A fine shot of an Italian market trader - the Rolleiflex strikes again. Well printed, wonderfully sharp and with fine tonality.

(I'm not sure how it fits with the rules, but I also received another well printed image shot on a 1930s Certo Dolly folder!)

Thanks Sandeha!

Tony Marlow
16th July 2009, 08:11 AM
As far as the rules go, so long as one print meets the criteria any extras are a bonus outside the exchange at the discretion of the sender.
Tony

Tony Marlow
16th July 2009, 08:27 PM
I received a fine print from RH Designs today of the Royal Crescent Bath. I like it a lot, thanks Richard.
You will have to do a workshop on your analyser, I'm still doing test strips. To produce a print like that first time with no test strips shows how well your analyser works in the right hands.

Tony

RH Designs
17th July 2009, 07:55 AM
Glad you like it Tony :). The trick with the Analyser is accurate calibration and (like any spot meter) a careful choice of points to meter. A properly exposed neg is handy too!

Rob Archer
17th July 2009, 08:20 AM
Mine's going off today. I'm away from tomorrow for 2 weeks, so I wont be able to acknowledge reciept of mine until 3rd August at the earliest - so don't worry, I'm not ignoring you!

Rob

Bob
17th July 2009, 02:46 PM
Mine went in the post today.
And picked up from the office today :)...

My 1st lith print to hold in my grubby paws (and shot with medium format XP2 - a film I keep meaning to try in my SQA as I liked the old XP2 in 35mm).

The lith colour and starkness certainly adds a sense of other-worldliness to the falls.

Many thanks & cheers, Bob

PaulG
17th July 2009, 05:12 PM
And picked up from the office today :)...

My 1st lith print to hold in my grubby paws (and shot with medium format XP2 - a film I keep meaning to try in my SQA as I liked the old XP2 in 35mm).

The lith colour and starkness certainly adds a sense of other-worldliness to the falls.

Many thanks & cheers, Bob

Glad you like it. I haven't shot much XP2 on my RB, but it seems to print quite well.

StanW
21st July 2009, 07:15 AM
Vincent's print arrived in the wintry south today. Many thanks to him, and to all you members of FADU

Dave miller
24th July 2009, 03:17 PM
Just posted mine.

Tony Marlow
26th July 2009, 06:10 AM
Just as a reminder, there are still 4 prints which are still to be sent by Friday for round 8. Can I ask those who have still to send to make sure they are done this coming week.

Tony

B&W Neil
28th July 2009, 09:17 AM

Neil.

Tony Marlow
28th July 2009, 11:35 AM
My print was posted today.

Tony

Rob Archer
29th July 2009, 01:45 PM
Just got back from a holiday to find a wonderful print from dave on my doormat! More comments in the gallery.

Thanks

Rob

Bill
30th July 2009, 10:39 AM

Neil.

And was received by me today.

An interesting IR shot of trees Lith printed on Forte warm tone paper with a shot of gold toning added.

First Lith print I have seen (as far as I know). Looks an interesting technique and one I may explore over the winter.

Thanks Neil

Bill

B&W Neil
30th July 2009, 11:28 AM
Bill, many thanks and I hope you do get inspired to have a go :-)

Neil.

du a gwyn
30th July 2009, 02:39 PM
hello, i'vereceived my print from Rob Archer ,and a very nice print it's.it a print of a lifesaver equipment taken at Alnmouth beach.
keep up the good work Rob.

Jon Butler
31st July 2009, 05:38 PM
Received a print today from Tony today, an image of a fishing boat on Dungeness beach, well crafted on fiber paper.
Thanks Tony.
JON.

Dave miller
31st July 2009, 07:22 PM
I’ve received a well executed print from du a gwyn depicting a rather shy guard dog under a traditional horse drawn caravan.

Bob
31st July 2009, 08:52 PM
OK - mine finally went out the door this p.m.

Really annoying as it has been ready for a couple of days and actually, had I actually remembered to actually send it, I would have actually been on actual time for once... Actually.

Sandeha Lynch
3rd August 2009, 02:11 PM
Got it, Bob. Many thanks.