PDA

View Full Version : Darkroom in Bournemouth or surrounds?

doublevodka
14th January 2017, 09:54 AM
Hi All,
I have a large quantity of darkroom gear in storage in Bournemouth. My plan had been to set up a darkroom and studio in N. London but a vicious separation scotched my plans.:slap:

Where I live now has little space, so I am looking ideally for someone who has space but no/little equipment. A community project would be perfect.
Anyone who has any local knowledge of the analogue scene around Bournemouth with any bright ideas?

I'm not looking to make any money, but if the worst comes, it will all end up on ebay to avoid further storage costs.

dave

winchman
22nd January 2017, 11:02 AM
Hello Dave
Some one did point me to a web site with this sort of thing on but I can't find it at the moment.
We do have a shared one in Liverpool, but my emails go unanswered.
Have you tried a student / art type place?
From my childrens group of friends more and more people are getting interested but the big issue for us was cost, the gear isn't cheap, I was lucky as some one gave us a very good deal as he just wanted some one to use it.

NJHrs
24th January 2017, 10:12 PM
Hi Dave, one option is to talk to Jonathan at Snaps Photographic services. I usually end up chatting to them when I go down there and he has mentioned a lot of activity with local colleges and photographers. They are always insanely busy in that place.

http://www.snapsphotoservices.com/contactus.html

doublevodka
9th February 2017, 06:07 AM
Thanks to you both...I didn't realise that Bournemouth had such an extensive service, I'll email Jonathon and see what he has to suggest.
As it happens a few days after i posted the request, I got a call and am now back in Kenya woking in Nairobi until April, so I had to extend the storage anyway.
I have been amazed at the growing interest in analogue photography, particularly amongst the younger generation (I'm 62) it seems to be imitating the revival of vinyl records, as a trend.
The rebuilding of Ferrania in Italy and Kodak bringing out 8mm film and possibly Ektachrome, the Impossible project, Lomo etc all seem to indicate that the world of film has a growing future.
dave

NJHrs
9th February 2017, 03:04 PM
We are very lucky here, Silverprint is also based in Poole just off the main roads between the town and Broadstone:
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Silverprint+Ltd/@50.7422518,-1.9891035,16z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0xf68af247acbc1646!8m2!3d50.74 36369!4d-1.987993 (ignore the photo on google its off their old shop)