PDA

View Full Version : Print Exchange Round 90, March 2017

Tony Marlow
15th February 2017, 12:31 PM
It is time to think about Round 90, February print exchange. All those who want to participate please post here and send me a PM to confirm your address if I do not already have it or you have changed your address.
Closing date for registering your entry is 28th February 2017. Latest date for sending your print is 31st March 2017. I am only looking for one print in a month.

I would add that if you do join the exchange and later encounter problems which prevent you from completing then please contact me by PM. Sometimes we do get confronted by the unexpected but if I and the other two people involved (sender and receiver) know you have a problem then it does take out the uncertainty in our minds and perhaps find a solution.

Print Exchange Rules
To start with you will have the remainder of this month to sign up, the cut-off being the last day of the month. If you wish to be included then make a post on this thread to that effect, and at the same time send me a PM with your name, and address.
Head the PM with the title “FADU Print Exchange Round”, and add the round number
At the beginning of next month those that have given me their details will be provided with the name and address of one other member to whom you will be expected to send your print before the end of the month.

You will not be told who has been asked to send you a print, so that it remains a surprise until you receive it. When you send your print please post to that effect on this thread, but do not say to whom you have sent it. We like to maintain the element of surprise until the last moment. When you receive a print please post to that effect on this thread, you may say who it is from and comment on it if you wish.

Anyone failing to send out their print without good reason will be excluded from future events. If you run into difficulty in this respect then please let me know.
If you wish to participate then confirm your intention on this thread and also send me a PM with your name and address.
The selection process will be as random as possible, and I will try and ensure that you receive a print from a different person in each round although eventually there will be some repetition.

There is a Gallery for posting your print after it has arrived with the recipient. It is not compulsory but it does make the Exchange more interesting to all members of the forum and displays your work to others.

Rules
• Your print must have been printed from a negative exposed in a film camera
• Inkjet, digitally printed photographs, or computer manipulated images are not allowed
• Your print paper can be any size that will fit in an envelope up to A4 size
• The image may be any size or format
• Paper type and finish is your choice, as is the subject
• Alternative processes, toning or other treatments are all accepted
• It is recommended you provide some background information with your print to assist your recipient as this encourages interchange
• Don‟t forget to enclose your details and FADU name so your recipient can thank you
• You are only responsible for the cost of posting your own print
• Please ensure you dispatch your print within the round month
• You must enjoy the experience
• If you have any queries or problems -please contact me as soon as possible.
Tony

Richard Gould
15th February 2017, 04:18 PM
I'm up for another round,please,Tony
Richard

Terry S
15th February 2017, 04:42 PM
I'm in again please. :)

Terry S

SanMiguel
15th February 2017, 05:36 PM
I'll go again please Tony,
Michael

chisel
15th February 2017, 10:51 PM
yes, me too please

Derek Lincoln
16th February 2017, 09:01 AM
Put me in again Tony.

Derek

MikeHeller
20th February 2017, 11:31 AM
Count me in again, please.
Thanks, Mike

Tony Marlow
25th February 2017, 10:10 AM
The list for Round 90 closes Wednesday morning; anybody who wishes to join please let me know by then. Those who have already joined are listed below.

Richard Gould
Terry S
SanMiguel
chisel
Derek Lincoln
MikeHeller

Tony

BobRob
28th February 2017, 11:55 AM
Yes please Tony

just made it !!

cheers

Bobrob

alexmuir
28th February 2017, 06:31 PM
I'm in again, Tony. Thanks,
Alex

EdmundH
28th February 2017, 10:27 PM
Eleventh hour (literally) - count me in again please.

Tony Marlow
1st March 2017, 10:55 AM
The list for Round 90 is closed. Those who have joined are listed below. PMs will go out in a few days. If I have missed anybody please let me know immediately.

Richard Gould
Terry S
SanMiguel
chisel
Derek Lincoln
MikeHeller
BobRob
alexmuir
EdmundH

Tony

Richard Gould
6th March 2017, 03:52 PM
Just posted mine
Richard

chisel
18th March 2017, 12:19 PM
Just posted mine
Richard

And they arrived safe and sound on Thursday - thanks Richard. There are 2 lovely prints - but I have to say the one of the cider seller, toned and printed on Art 300 is just lovely - there's a great depth to the print and lots of detail. A really good printing job.

Fran

chisel
18th March 2017, 12:21 PM
And just to add mine went out today.

fran

Richard Gould
18th March 2017, 12:48 PM
Thanks Fran, glad you liked them, I really like the Art 300, it is indeed a lovely paper,
Richard

BobRob
20th March 2017, 01:10 PM
posted mine this morning

bobrob

Terry S
20th March 2017, 02:44 PM
Mines now in the post. :)

Terry S

SanMiguel
21st March 2017, 12:41 PM
I posted my print this morning.
Michael

alexmuir
21st March 2017, 01:23 PM
Just back from posting mine.
Alex

MikeHeller
21st March 2017, 05:35 PM
My offering is also in the post.
Mike

Richard Gould
23rd March 2017, 12:09 PM
Just back from posting mine.
Alex

Just delivered by our post lady, a lovely night or very early morning shot of the Clyde suspension bridge. i love the way the cables lead the eye into the shot, and the way the tones work, well done Alex, another nice photograph for my collection, Thanks
Richard

Derek Lincoln
23rd March 2017, 02:29 PM
Posted my print this afternoon.

Derek

alexmuir
23rd March 2017, 02:57 PM
Just delivered by our post lady, a lovely night or very early morning shot of the Clyde suspension bridge. i love the way the cables lead the eye into the shot, and the way the tones work, well done Alex, another nice photograph for my collection, Thanks

Richard

Thanks Richard. I'm glad you like it.
Alex

MikeHeller
23rd March 2017, 03:42 PM
posted mine this morning

bobrob

And received today. A print of a couple of eggs and a feather on a soft cloth surface softly lit by reflected light from a window and printed very softly. Very much in keeping with and suited to the subject.
Thanks, Mike

alexmuir
23rd March 2017, 05:57 PM
My offering is also in the post.
Mike

And arrived safely today. An excellent print of fishing nets. The tones are great with lots of fine detail. I'm very pleased with it. Thanks Mike,
Alex.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Derek Lincoln
24th March 2017, 01:52 PM
Mines now in the post. :)

Terry S

....and received today. A night scene of a shop in East London taken 30 years ago and still looking good Terry.

Derek

Terry S
24th March 2017, 01:52 PM
I posted my print this morning.
Michael

And received with thanks Michael (SanMiguel).

The picture received is of a metal 'refueling line' at his local marina.

He has used a new 50mm lens on his Hasselblad and the main subject is REALLY sharp on the print, with a lovely out of focus background. The print has then been 'dunked' in sepia toner, which has given it a lovely warm tone right across from the deepest shadow areas to the lightest tones in the sky.

An unusual subject which has been printed extremely well and more than 'snapped' as Michael puts it.

He also mentions that he used 'Ilford Cooltone paper', which he says has given the print an extra bit of contrast, which I really like in this print, so I might have to get a packet to try out with some of my softer prints.

Many thanks again,

Terry S

PS Surprisingly the work checker on this photographic website DOES NOT recognise the word 'Hasselblad', recommending the word 'Assemblage' instead. :)

SanMiguel
24th March 2017, 05:06 PM
Thanks Terry glad you liked it,
Michael

EdmundH
26th March 2017, 10:27 PM
And just to add mine went out today.

fran

Received on Friday, thank you. A simple, artistic shot taken with with a Holga, proving that sophisticated equipment isn't always necessary. I like the Adox FB paper too, it has less shine than Ilford FB Gloss.

BobRob
27th March 2017, 09:47 AM
Received my print from Derek this morning
a simple but very effective image from the Caulden Canal

Canals of all areas are full of interesting images that suite Monochrome work well

many thanks Derek, your Zorki has done very well.

Bobrob.

EdmundH
28th March 2017, 01:55 PM
My print went in first class post this afternoon...

SanMiguel
12th April 2017, 11:03 AM
Received your print yesterday, Edmund. A very nice print, of the interior of a country house. Taken on Pentacon Six TL, 80mm lens on Ilford MGIV, developed in IlfordPQ.

There are lovely tones throughout the print, from the light coming in through the window falling on the polished wood floor to the illumination of the rear wall from a lamp. It's very sharp, with great detail on the turned wooden legs of a stool, for example. The main subject is an antique chamber-organ, which is in a lovely wooden frame.

Thanks!
Michael

EdmundH
12th April 2017, 08:31 PM
Received your print yesterday, Edmund. A very nice print, of the interior of a country house. Taken on Pentacon Six TL, 80mm lens on Ilford MGIV, developed in IlfordPQ.

There are lovely tones throughout the print, from the light coming in through the window falling on the polished wood floor to the illumination of the rear wall from a lamp. It's very sharp, with great detail on the turned wooden legs of a stool, for example. The main subject is an antique chamber-organ, which is in a lovely wooden frame.

Thanks!
Michael

Goodness that took a long time to arrive! - but glad you like the print. I will post a scan in the exchange gallery when I remember where I put my spare copies...

Edmund