PDA

View Full Version : powder fixer

big paul
25th December 2017, 12:08 PM
just saw this but cannot find anything about it .adox adoxfix p a300 powder .hope you are all having a good day :)

Barry
25th December 2017, 03:10 PM
Available here...

https://www.fotoimpex.de/shopen/chemistry/adox-adofix-p-a-300-powder-fixer-to-make-1000-ml.html

..but no data sheet.

Bill
26th December 2017, 07:29 AM
Also available from Nik and Trick in the UK. https://ntphotoworks.com/shop/product/adox-adofix-p-a300-powder-fixer-makes-1-litre/

They give capacity information as do fotoimpex but I don't think there is much more to say about fixer.

Richard Gould
26th December 2017, 08:22 AM
Firstcall also stock that fixer, but like others not much imformation about the fixer other than it is a powder fixer and makes 1 liter of stock although there are a couple of user reviews there, one says that mixing instructions sparce,seems a bit strong and seems to leave residue on prints.
Richard

dsallen
26th December 2017, 09:50 AM
The Adox A 300 powder fixer is a fine product and available as either a 1 litre or 5 litre pack. The key thing to be aware of is that the powder is to make a working solution NOT a concentrate that you dilute further.

Bests,

David.
www.dsallen.de

big paul
26th December 2017, 10:12 AM
thanks David that's the information I needed to know .

Martin Rick
27th December 2017, 08:34 AM
Ammonium thiosulphate fixers from memory are usually sold as ca 60% solutions as it isn't economical to make the crystalline form. Apparently it's biggest use is as a plant fertiliser but I havent been able to find it locally.
There should be no problem in transport as it's considered harmless.
The Nick and Trick website says it's an Ammonium thiosulphate based fixer whereas the safety data sheet from Photoimpex is for sodium thiosulphate.

dsallen
27th December 2017, 09:31 AM
ADOFIX P A 300 Rapid Fixer is actually 50-75% Ammonium Thiosulphate and 15-20% Natriumdisulfit (which is actually Sodium Metabisulfite and I believe incorrectly translated on the English MSDS as Disodium Disulphite).

Bests,

David.
www.dsallen.de