PDA

View Full Version : C-41 soft Pack 4 years old

CambsIan
5th May 2019, 03:51 PM
Just been to the back of the darkshed and have found a set of C-41 Digibase soft pack from First Call with a receipt from 2015.

The packs have been used for 4 films, most likely around the time of purchase and since then they have been sealed in the soft pack with all the air expelled.

Had a very quick look at the developer and it is a sort of chestnut brown colour.

Have a few films to try to develop, nothing on any of them that is of any particular importance

What's the chances of it still being OK to use ?

Ian

John King
5th May 2019, 05:33 PM
I think after 4 years after opening you can more or less count the contents as bring 'a little off'. Unopened you may just have got away with it but once the colour of the developer goes past that of straw if is a bit dicey. If used even if the negative density is correct you will almost certainly get a heavy colour cast - probably green
Write it off and buy some new. Sorry, possibly not the answer you wanted.

CambsIan
5th May 2019, 06:04 PM
Thanks John, pretty much what I thought the answer might be, but had hoped that it wouldn't be.

I only found the soft pack when I was looking for my unopened Rollei Digibase mini kit as was going to make up the new kit, but think that might be a couple of years old.

I don't do much colour developing, normally send them off to AG.

As I'm at a bit of a loose end, I'll have a bash with the new kit tomorrow.

Ian