PDA

View Full Version : McLean exhibition in Belfast

Les McLean
22nd July 2009, 07:49 AM
On 31st August I have an exhibition opening at the Waterfront in Belfast. Anne Cassidy, an Irish photographer friend, and I have spent two years working on the project called "Beyond the Walls" and is related to the Peace Process. If anyone is interested in attending the opening please PM me and I'll arrange to have an invitation sent to you. It would be great to meet up with a few fellow photographers and put and name to the face and posts here on FADU.

Dave miller
22nd July 2009, 07:58 AM
That's good news Les, how long will it run for?

Trevor Crone
22nd July 2009, 08:06 AM
All the best with this exhibition Les, it sounds interesting and I hope it will be a success.

B&W Neil
22nd July 2009, 11:43 AM
Les, all the best with the exhibition. I would love to get there if I can but the distance may be a problem. How long is it running for?

Cheers,

Neil.

Les McLean
22nd July 2009, 02:17 PM
Thanks for the comments folks, the show ends on 25th September.

B&W Neil
22nd July 2009, 05:54 PM
Thanks Les.

Neil.

Barry
22nd July 2009, 06:49 PM
Excellent news Les, I wish you and Anne every success.

Mike O'Pray
22nd July 2009, 06:51 PM
Les I doubt if I'll make it and it's a pity. I suspect some of your shots in your book Creative B&W Photography are just a taster of the kind of shots that will be shown and if so it'll be a terrific show.

Not directly relevant to the Peace Process but "First Communion, Ardoyne" is also one of the best examples of what can be done with the techniques in the book. The before and after prints in terms of using the techniques described really show what can be produced in printing.

What happened and is now happening in N Ireland is so relevant to us all. No chance of a showing in the Midlands I suppose?

Mike

Michael
22nd July 2009, 07:24 PM
What happened and is now happening in N Ireland is so relevant to us all.

Heh, we have rain. You want some?

Richard Gould
22nd July 2009, 08:24 PM
Good luck with your exhibition, Hope it is the sucess it ought to be, would love to have been able to see it,Richard

Dave miller
22nd July 2009, 08:27 PM
Heh, we have rain. You want some?

Spare us Michael, we have more than enough of our own. It's a little sunshine we want I think, it may spread a little happiness around, we all need that. :)

outremer
11th August 2009, 08:56 PM
Good Luck Michael with the exhibition. If you have any invites I would love to come along and support the event.

Paul

Fintan
11th August 2009, 10:20 PM
Can you send me an invite Les, I'd love to go.

Dave miller
12th August 2009, 06:17 AM
On 31st August I have an exhibition opening at the Waterfront in Belfast. Anne Cassidy, an Irish photographer friend, and I have spent two years working on the project called "Beyond the Walls" and is related to the Peace Process. If anyone is interested in attending the opening please PM me and I'll arrange to have an invitation sent to you. It would be great to meet up with a few fellow photographers and put and name to the face and posts here on FADU.

I know Les' has been busy (and still is) with his preparations for this exhibition. Judging from what he's told me, it should be a ground breaking show.

Mark
19th August 2009, 08:07 PM
All the best with it Les!. I'm sure it'll be a huge success.

Michael
31st August 2009, 09:45 PM
I really enjoyed the opening and Les and Anne gave me more of their time than I deserved. Really nice people quite apart from their having put up such a good set of portraits.

I mentioned FADU to the odd acquaintance I met during the opening.

Thank you, Les, for the invitation; and all the best for the exhibition's run.

Dave miller
1st September 2009, 08:04 AM
I really enjoyed the opening and Les and Anne gave me more of their time than I deserved. Really nice people quite apart from their having put up such a good set of portraits.

I mentioned FADU to the odd acquaintance I met during the opening.

Thank you, Les, for the invitation; and all the best for the exhibition's run.

Good news indeed.

Peter Hogan
1st September 2009, 05:51 PM
Well done Les, and congratulations.

outremer
1st September 2009, 08:49 PM
Very enjoyable exhibition and very nice wine. Text and images worked well.

Daughter thought it was fabulous.

Thanks for putting it on.