PDA

View Full Version : Contax resource

GoodOldNorm
14th December 2019, 09:49 AM
https://contax-cameras.reconact.com/contax-slrs/alle-kameras-uebersicht/

Collas
14th December 2019, 12:03 PM
Ah, now if I could find someone who could repair my AX I'd be very pleased.

Nick

big paul
14th December 2019, 03:02 PM
nice one Norm ,if only we were millionaires :D

GoodOldNorm
14th December 2019, 04:36 PM
nice one Norm ,if only we were millionaires :D

Contax cameras were and still are pitched at people with fat wallets, I will stick with my Nikons and Canons, (more affordable and a wider choice of lenses). I do have a Contax G1 with 3 lenses which I do use now and then and I must admit Contax did make beautiful cameras.

JimW
14th December 2019, 05:37 PM
I have a Contax G system. Not worth the money, but a stunningly beautiful camera and the lenses are wonderful....

alexmuir
14th December 2019, 05:39 PM
I sold my Nikon F in 1990, and bought a Contax 159MM with the 50mm f1.7 lens. It was a very nice looking camera, and great to use. Mine developed a fault, however, that was never satisfactorily fixed. The camera would display a different aperture value in the viewfinder from that set on the lens. It was consistent, however, so the camera could be used. I ended up trading it back to the shop who sold it to me, and picking up a Nikon FE. This was one of the best manual focus Nikon cameras, and I have remained with that brand ever since. Had it not been for the annoying fault, I would have been happy to continue with the Contax, and probably bought more of their products (funds permitting!!).
Alex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro