PDA

View Full Version : Firstcall now stocking fomatone

Richard Gould
5th August 2009, 04:54 PM
Fadu members might be interested in Firstcall are now stocking fomatone nature and chamois papers, at quite a bit cheaper than silverprint,according to their website,and slightly cheaper than Ilford, might be worth looking at Richard

Richard Gould
5th August 2009, 06:25 PM
I have just downloaded the firstcall fomatone prices,
532 II Nature and 542 II chamois

5x7 25 sheets 12.99
9.5x12 10 sheets $9.99
9.5x12 50 sheets $46.99
12x16 10 sheets $16.99
12x16 50 sheets $80.99
20x24 10 sheets 39.99

As far as I can see these look like very good prices, and well worth checking out
Richard

Tom Kershaw
5th August 2009, 06:57 PM
Richard,

Yes, Firstcall does seem to have good prices on the Foma products. RK Photographic stocks Foma as well, although a slightly different range.

Tom

Martin Reed
6th August 2009, 06:20 AM
It's noticeable that Firstcall has cherrypicked the fast moving lines in the Foma range to stock & pricecut, whereas we at Silverprint for quite a few years have gone to financial pains to build up & maintain stock right across the Foma warmtone paper range, as well as the neutral 'Variant' & the RC range. However "never knowingly undersold", so if that's the way it's got to be... :-D

Tom Kershaw
6th August 2009, 08:02 AM
I do appreciate Silverprint keeping a wide range of stock, if one would have to otherwise order from three suppliers, shipping costs or minimal "free" shipping rates might start to eat into any price advantage. Silverprint does also tend to pack the correct items with good packaging, so boxes of paper etc. don't arrive with dents.

Tom

Richard Gould
6th August 2009, 08:25 AM
I also appreciate silverprint the fact that silverprint keeps a wide stock range, and I have purchased from silverprint in the past,and silverprint is certainly the best place for ilford, but these days I have to shop around, and I love fomatone nature and chamois paper,so if I can buy it cheaper,from a company that I have dealt with for since they started, and who also pack well, then in these days I will,and I will also continue to purchase from silverprint, always good service from Martin and his staff,and some things I cannot get elsewhere, Richard

Martin Reed
6th August 2009, 10:21 AM
Silverprint is now showing new prices on most of the Fomatone 'Nature' lines.
I think you will find in any case that Firstcall at present have no stock!

However, to sell this product at that price level, after taking into account 'intangible' overheads means selling at cost. No importer can carry that on indefinitely, and the result will quite quickly be impoverished stockholding and diversity of product in the UK.

Price mayhem is unusual in the photo materials market, is it symptomatic of some 'endgame' coming up? I sincerely hope not.

B&W Neil
6th August 2009, 10:30 AM
Martin, I sincerely hope not also. I for one have always appreciated the vast range of stock you hold, fair prices and the fact all of your order arrives promptly and very well packed. Please keep up the good work!

Neil.

Trevor Crone
6th August 2009, 10:35 AM
My experience of the retail trade, not just photographic, is many companies will advertise a product often at an amazing price, but they simply don't have it in stock.

I've had annoying experiences of this recently.

Richard Gould
6th August 2009, 11:08 AM
Firstcall say on their website that the fomatone is available from September,I Emailed them this morning to check and recieved a reply confirming this, Having dealt with Firstcall for a number of years I have always found them reliable,Richard

Richard Gould
6th August 2009, 11:16 AM
Well done Martin, in these days when money is tight it's great to see you respond so quickly,
I love fomatone, both the 131 and nature/chamois, it is my prefered paper and I will go where i can get it cheapest Richard

Jon Butler
11th August 2009, 10:39 PM
Yes well done indeed Martin, ordered 100 sheets 532 nature tonight from SilverPrint.
Saving about £60 on pre offer price.
Thanks JON