PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Brisbane

Rick
15th August 2009, 06:20 AM
Nice to find a gathering of exponents of our dying craft. I'm moving back into "wet" printing after a prolonged absence. My darkroom is nearing completion.
Cheers,
Rick

Dave miller
15th August 2009, 06:26 AM
Welcome Nick, I was a bit worried about your username, but welcome back to the darkside.

Rick
15th August 2009, 06:36 AM
Thanks for the welcome, Rave. :)

Barry
15th August 2009, 07:04 AM
Thanks for the welcome, Rave. :)

:D

Welcome Rick hope you get that darkroom going soon.

Richard Gould
15th August 2009, 07:53 AM
Rick, Welcome to Fadu, Look forward to reading youir posts and maybe seeing some of your work Richard

Peter Hogan
15th August 2009, 08:00 AM
Ah, twitter and bisted, welcome to FADU...:D

B&W Neil
15th August 2009, 08:27 AM
G'day Rick and welcome to sunny FADU where all things are wonderful! Good to see you are back to film and the darkroom :-) I have been to Brisbane a few times and it is a great place.

Neil.

Bob
15th August 2009, 09:25 AM
Welcome aboard Rick, hope you enjoy your stay.

And welcome back to the dark-side! ;)

Have fun, Bob.

Andrew Bartram
15th August 2009, 10:28 AM
never heard Dave called "Rave" before....must be more to him than I thought:p

Dave miller
15th August 2009, 11:57 AM
never heard Dave called "Rave" before....must be more to him than I thought:p

One is not amused. Sniff! ;)

Bill
15th August 2009, 03:46 PM
Hi Rick and Welcome to the forum.

Looking forward to seeing your work when you have got your darkroom finished.

Bill

Mike O'Pray
15th August 2009, 08:15 PM
Hi Rick. It could have been worse. If you had mentioned your age in the intro and you're past the first flush of youth, Dave might have referred to you as "Old Nick" who is definitely at home in hot red light and knows a lot about sulphur:D:

Mike

Rick
15th August 2009, 10:39 PM
Well Mike, my anonimity has saved me again. Truth be known, I can't even remember my "first flush of youth" it was sooooo long ago. Perhaps we of the darkside do live on for eternity! :mob:
Anyway, thank you faduites for your greetings. You have made me feel very welcome indeed.

Neil Smith
16th August 2009, 10:45 AM
Hi Rick and welcome to FADU I too have nearly completed my darkroom, if I can just find the time (wedding season)!

Neil

Dave miller
16th August 2009, 10:50 AM
Hi Rick. It could have been worse. If you had mentioned your age in the intro and you're past the first flush of youth, Dave might have referred to you as "Old Nick" who is definitely at home in hot red light and knows a lot about sulphur:D:

Mike

I blame the idiot that assembled my keyboard. ;) Just can't get quality staff any more.

photomi7ch
16th August 2009, 11:00 AM
Hi Rick, dont mind Rave Dave he,s been sipping the developer again knotts his finger when he is typing. :D:

Rick
16th August 2009, 11:09 AM
Hey Mitch. At least when I get to start snorting tray fumes again, Rave & Nick should be able to have some entertaining deep & meaningfuls about sensitometry, densitometry & reciprocity.
And Neil, ain't it frustrating!
Do we have a thread for I'll show you mine if you'll show me yours? (darkroomwise!!) I'd like to see where you guys hang out.

Dave miller
16th August 2009, 11:41 AM
Hey Mitch. At least when I get to start snorting tray fumes again, Rave & Nick should be able to have some entertaining deep & meaningfuls about sensitometry, densitometry & reciprocity.
And Neil, ain't it frustrating!
Do we have a thread for I'll show you mine if you'll show me yours? (darkroomwise!!) I'd like to see where you guys hang out.

Try this gallery (http://www.film-and-darkroom-user.org.uk/forum/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/508). ;) And mine's (http://www.film-and-darkroom-user.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=146) here.

Trevor Crone
16th August 2009, 11:48 AM
Hi Rick welcome to FADU. Delighted you've returned to the darkside.

Rick
16th August 2009, 12:05 PM
Thanks for the links, Dave.
And thanks, Trevor. Nice to be on the final leg back "home".

Ian David
16th August 2009, 10:20 PM
G'day Rick. Maybe film ain't completely dead in Brisbane yet!