PDA

View Full Version : Ilford 15% off on film, chemistry and paper until 1st December

Mike O'Pray
26th November 2020, 05:39 PM
Latest announcement by e-mail today

Mike

Terry S
27th November 2020, 01:22 PM
I occasionally buy from Ilford directly when there's free p/p or a good percentage reduction on their items. This is usually when I only need one item or a heavy item that would incur large p/p costs from other retailers.

Looking at 120 HP5+ on Ilford's website, they quote £5.51 for a single roll, but £29.19 for five rolls (= £5.83 a roll). It just doesn't make sense for a larger order to cost more than a single item. And just checking, if I add 4 rolls to the shopping basket, followed by a further single roll, I do indeed get the better price of £27.55 for 5 rolls (then minus the 15% off promotion), plus p/p of course.

I now wonder how many other miss-priced / miss-calculated items are on their (and maybe even other companies) websites, where it's cheaper to buy single items in multiples, rather than larger amounts with quoted prices?

Terry S

Mike O'Pray
27th November 2020, 02:33 PM
Quite a few I imagine Terry. It's worth an e-mail to Ilford to point it out and then see what it says and/or does in response.

During this pandemic do not expect a quite reply. I e-mailed Ilford on another issue 5/6 days ago and have as yet received no response

Mike

Martin Aislabie
27th November 2020, 05:01 PM
I've taken advantage of this and bought a few boxes of 5x4 Delta 100.

It is always worth comparing the 15% off price on the Ilford web site against normal retain price - some products are less expensive while others remain more expensive.

Martin

big paul
27th November 2020, 06:39 PM
Is there any code you need to add or do they take the discount of at the end

Terry S
27th November 2020, 09:40 PM
The code is on the front page of the Ilford photo website Paul. 😊

Terry S

Martin Aislabie
28th November 2020, 04:14 PM

Discount Code = BF2020

Martin

big paul
28th November 2020, 08:23 PM
Thanks all for the information ,But I was humming and hawing and I spent my money with RK photographic and bought some fomapan 5x4 200asa 50 sheets just under £ 40 squid a box ,and now I have the knack of using the stuff ,what could I do ,and its pretty good stuff .:D