PDA

View Full Version : Lith Printing Workshop in London with Tim Rudman, Nov 9-11th

MarciaPetterson
24th August 2009, 06:41 PM
3-DAY LITH PRINTING WORKSHOP WITH TIM RUDMAN IN LONDON

We are delighted to announce a 3-day practical Lith Printing workshop in London with the world renowned Tim Rudman, bestselling author of ‘The Master Photographer’s Lith Printing Course’, ‘The World of Lith Printing’, The Master Photographer’s Toning Book’ and ‘The Photographer’s Master Printing Course’.

This workshop is suitable for both newcomers to the process and established Lith printers, although a basic knowledge of how to make a B&W enlargement is required.

The previous workshop run in August 2009 filled quickly, so early booking is advisable as places are limited. A waiting list will be maintained with a view to another possible repeat at a later date.

Venue: Thames Valley University (TVU) Ealing, W5 5RF
Date: Mon 9th - Wed 11th November 2009
Cost: £220

For booking and enquiries contact Marcia Petterson:
Email: lith@marciaphoto.co.uk
Phone: 07768 797 232

Roy_H
31st August 2009, 07:37 PM
I've signed up for this, missed the last one but was on the waiting list.
Anyone else here going along?

PaulG
1st September 2009, 08:04 AM
Sadly no. :( I rang up the morning after it was anounced to find it was already full! Hopefully there will be another one at some point in the future.

Dave miller
1st September 2009, 08:06 AM
Sadly no. :( I rang up the morning after it was anounced to find it was already full! Hopefully there will be another one at some point in the future.

Well, that's a mix of good and bad news. Hopefully you are top of the waiting list for the next one.

PaulG
1st September 2009, 12:34 PM
Well, that's a mix of good and bad news. Hopefully you are top of the waiting list for the next one.

Indeed. I think many of the attendees at this one will be people who didn't get into the first one.

Ho hum and fingers crossed for the next one. :)

Niall Bell
2nd September 2009, 11:24 AM
I was on waiting list after missing out on first workshop- just got confirmation of my place on the Nov 9-11 workshop.

Anyone else got a place?

Roy_H
8th September 2009, 10:05 AM
I was on waiting list after missing out on first workshop- just got confirmation of my place on the Nov 9-11 workshop.

Anyone else got a place?

Got my place confirmed the other day - not as far for me to travel there as you though Niall!
I've also booked into the Kings Arms accommodation.

Niall Bell
8th September 2009, 11:14 AM
Roy,
That's where I intend staying as well. Look forward to meeting you.

Niall

vincent
9th September 2009, 08:10 PM
Kings Arms is a good place to stay and the staff are friendly but don't bother waiting about for breakfast. You would be better to walk up to the small cafe just past TVU and enjoy a full English breakfast. At least that was my experience.

Cheers
vincent

photomi7ch
10th September 2009, 12:23 PM
Kings Arms is a good place to stay and the staff are friendly but don't bother waiting about for breakfast. You would be better to walk up to the small cafe just past TVU and enjoy a full English breakfast. At least that was my experience.

Cheers
vincent

If it is the same place I remember I'll second that use to live just round the corner. Many a mornning I walked out of there with a heavy tum :)

Roy_H
10th September 2009, 03:40 PM
Thanks for the tip Vincent, I'll give that a try.
With lunch and evening meals planned as well I expect to come back several pounds heavier...maybe I should take a before and after self-portrait :eek:

PaulG
20th September 2009, 07:33 PM
By a stroke of good fortune (for me at least), someone has withdrawn from the course and I now have a place on it. Yippee! :D

I haven't had much information through yet, but was wondering what others are doing about food? I gather there is an option to sign up for evening meals, but wasn't sure whether participants tend to make their own arrangements or not.

vincent
20th September 2009, 08:36 PM
If you are staying in the Kings Arms they serve a good evening meal and we all ate there the last time. You can bring sandwiches to the course to eat during the breaks and you can buy them on the way to the college.

PaulG
21st September 2009, 07:34 AM
Thanks Vincent.

Is this (http://www.thekingsarmsealing.com/index.asp) the King's Arms in question?

vincent
20th October 2009, 09:15 PM
Thanks Vincent.

Is this (http://www.thekingsarmsealing.com/index.asp) the King's Arms in question?

Sorry I missed your question, but that is the same place that I stayed & ate in.

PaulG
21st October 2009, 01:09 PM
Not to worry and thanks for the confirmation. By coincidence I've just sorted out my room there for the course. All I have to do now is organise the transport!

Roy_H
21st October 2009, 01:49 PM
Well that makes three of us by my count, me, Niall (http://www.film-and-darkroom-user.org.uk/forum/member.php?u=134), Armadillo (http://www.film-and-darkroom-user.org.uk/forum/member.php?u=102)...

Anyone else going?
It could end up an unofficial FADU gathering...

Dave miller
21st October 2009, 02:34 PM
Well that makes three of us by my count, me, Niall (http://www.film-and-darkroom-user.org.uk/forum/member.php?u=134), Armadillo (http://www.film-and-darkroom-user.org.uk/forum/member.php?u=102)...

Anyone else going?
It could end up an unofficial FADU gathering...

That's no good, it should end up as an unofficial FADU recruitment drive. ;)

Whatever happens, enjoy the event.

Roy_H
21st October 2009, 03:20 PM
That's no good, it should end up as an unofficial FADU recruitment drive. ;).

Let's make it official, how could anyone resist the charms of three FADU members...:p

If we're all staying at The Kings Arms I'm sure we can ply non-members with Jack Daniels and Rodinal chasers*, on Forum expenses of course...

* Don't try this at home kiddies...

Timrudman
21st October 2009, 07:24 PM
Well, I'm looking forward to meeting all you guys there.
Tim

davidkip
13th November 2009, 04:45 PM
Let's make it official, how could anyone resist the charms of three FADU members...:p

If we're all staying at The Kings Arms I'm sure we can ply non-members with Jack Daniels and Rodinal chasers*, on Forum expenses of course...

The charm offensive certainly recruited one new Forum member - me :)

The workshop was extremely pleasant, both for the good company, the irrepressible energy of Marcia as local organiser, and the infinite good-natured patience of Tim. I'd happily recommend it to anyone. A big thanks to everyone for making it such a success.

David

Dave miller
13th November 2009, 04:51 PM
The charm offensive certainly recruited one new Forum member - me :)

The workshop was extremely pleasant, both for the good company, the irrepressible energy of Marcia as local organiser, and the infinite good-natured patience of Tim. I'd happily recommend it to anyone. A big thanks to everyone for making it such a success.

David

Welcome to the forum David, I'm pleased to read that you enjoyed the course.

B&W Neil
13th November 2009, 05:36 PM
Welcome to FADU David and it is good to hear you enjoyed Tim's course. I look forward to seeing some superb lith prints in due course :-)

Neil.