PDA

View Full Version : Spotmeters

Mike O'Pray
3rd September 2009, 10:53 PM
Rob you see the occasional one on UK e-bay but be prepared to bid quite high. Certain things seem to fetch consistently high prices such as Beard easels, Peak focus finders and unfortunately Pentax spotmeters. I have yet to see a bargain basement Pentax spotmeter on e-bay. The Soligor is much cheaper and I think it is Dave Miller who swears by one but unfortunately these seem even rarer than the Pentax ones.

Best of luck

Mike

Bill
4th September 2009, 06:15 AM
Hi Rob,

There is a Capital SP1 on the auction site at the moment. 4 days to go and no bids. Item number 320417925148.

This is the make of meter that Paul Gallagher says he uses.

Bill

Neil Smith
4th September 2009, 08:43 AM
MXV have a Sekonic Digi Spot L488 for sale at the moment £140 which I believe is a Spot, Ambient and Flash meter, not cheap but a very good price for a spot meter.

And heres a link to a PDF of the manual.

http://www.butkus.org/chinon/flashes_meters/sekonic_digi-spot/sekonic_digi-spot.htm

Neil

IanB
4th September 2009, 10:14 AM
Now that dial-type spotmeters for Zone system use are no longer made, they seem to fetch a premium. If you can find a good s/h Pentax Spotmeter for £250, snap it up! If you can find a new Digital one in the UK it will be over £750, or around £500 for a grey import from the far east.
I toyed with the idea of replacing my analogue Pentax Spotmeter a few months ago, but, on second thoughts, I think I'll keep it - it may be 40+ years old and well battered, but it still does the job. Sorry - this one is NFS!
Good luck, though - the hunt is actually worth it, as they are great pieces of kit.

Dave miller
4th September 2009, 12:15 PM
I've move these posts from the Sale and Wants section because that area is not a discussion forum, and the posts there self-destruct after a short while.