PDA

View Full Version : Lovelee

wiesmier
10th September 2009, 08:38 AM
Just back from a long family and friends meeting journey down awful motorways and terrible cities and have arrived back here and found I have so missed this site - the web-site as well as the island :-). Great stuff on FADU. Big up to everyone who makes it so.

BTW: I took the cameras out of the bag hardly at all :-( But I did get to drive a 40ft sailing yacht near Falmouth - very cool

B&W Neil
10th September 2009, 09:48 AM
Welcome back home - we have all missed you :-)

Neil.

Andrew Bartram
10th September 2009, 09:48 AM
Welcome back

Bob
10th September 2009, 09:51 AM
I could be mistaken, but I get the distinct impression you are happy to be back on the island...

Phil
10th September 2009, 02:18 PM
Having been born and bred in London (though I haven't lived there since the 70's) I know exactly how you feel.
Had to visit my sister in London last year, and whilst it was tremendously exciting and a great visit, I couldn't resist a loud inner cheer as we crossed the Border on the train.
When asked about my nationality, I say: English by birth, Scottish by choice!
This being said I'm still proud of my roots!!
Phil

Steve Smith
11th September 2009, 08:39 AM
Which island are you on? I know the feeling of returning home to an island. It's great! (although my island is the other end of the kingdom to yours).

Steve.

CarlRadford
11th September 2009, 08:48 AM
Makes you appreciate what you have!

wiesmier
11th September 2009, 10:39 AM
Isle of Lewis [looks out of window] yes, on the east side of the Isle of Lewis and I look out on Cape Wrath when its clear - which it isn't. However, it is warm today. And yes, I really do appreciate it. Even the wet and windy days when the darkroom is a real haven :-)
Which island are you on? I know the feeling of returning home to an island. It's great! (although my island is the other end of the kingdom to yours).

Steve.

Richard Gould
11th September 2009, 12:25 PM
When I return from a trip abroad it is the greatest feeling to return to my Island home, and if it has been a photographic trip,(for me it usually is), I have the added bonus looking forward to whaqt is on my films aqnd the time that I will spend printing them,Richard