PDA

View Full Version : Black & white magazine

du a gwyn
3rd October 2009, 08:19 PM
hello forum,i know there a lot been said here about this magazine and i would have to agree with most of it.over the last few months i have given up on this magazine,i'm fed up of all this 'test' things,but the other day my wife bought me this months issue,and a what a breath of fresh air it was reading the arena group's folio.i know there are some of this group members of this forum.can somebody congratulate them on there super work,i really enjoy there entry.this is what photography is all about,and this is why photography became one of my hobbies.
as we say in welsh 'da iawn hogia a genod'!!

Dave miller
4th October 2009, 06:04 AM
That's good to hear. As for congratulations, your post has passed that sentiment on and I'm sure it will be picked up by Trevor, Leon, and Tim when they next log-on.

du a gwyn
4th October 2009, 10:26 AM
thanks Dave.

brianrbird
4th October 2009, 01:02 PM
Just looked through the latest issue, & it looks a good one. But had a really strange experience! Started with the contents page, night shot of Venice, on first site I thought
it might be one of mine, having submitted some to their Readers Portfolio, but then realised it wasn't, although I recognized the area. Then it got really strange, the article is by Jonathan Critchley, it turns out he was surprised to find out he had spent 3 hours wondering around &
shooting, as I told Vincent on Saturday I was surprised when I looked at my
watch to see I had been out for 3 hours, & where was he shooting? yes Cannaregio the
same as myself!! Get the feeling he has got Venice covered! Can't see my stuff getting shown.