PDA

View Full Version : Scanners

kazer
7th October 2009, 09:08 PM
I’d like to scan my prints for website use mainly at the moment. Are there any scanners you would recommend? Thanks.

Bob
7th October 2009, 09:15 PM
If you are scanning prints then just about any scanner will do a suitable job for web display (up to A4 size that is). More expensive scanners come with better quality software, higher quality sensors and higher resolution etc but for web display of scanned prints even the cheapest will be fine.

If you want a quality make then Epson and HP come to mind.

Richard Gould
8th October 2009, 08:08 AM
I use an hp printer/scanner for scanning prints, it seems to me to do a reasonably good job,certainly good enough for web display,Richard

B&W Neil
8th October 2009, 08:31 AM
I use an Epsom Perfection V500 scanner which does an excellent job and the software that comes with it is good. They are not the cheapest option but if you shop around on the net a bargain can be found. It is also very good at scanning negs/slides and will do 35mm to 6x6 films, special film holders come with the scanner and several negs/slides can be scaned at the same time.

Neil.

Fintan
8th October 2009, 02:33 PM
An A4 scanner isnt much use as a print scanner, look for an A3 one.

This is the one I have;

http://www.mustek.com.tw/html/prod_scan/A3usb.html

Which I got on www.pixmania.co.uk

I cant say if its the best one there is, but since its for the web, I dont really care.

Dave miller
8th October 2009, 02:45 PM
I think the original post has now been answered satisfactorily, so before this thread spreads into a general discussion of these electronic devils. :mob:

I will close the thread. I hope you don’t mind too much.;)