PDA

View Full Version : Hot Press Jet Mounter

Argentum
2nd October 2008, 04:55 PM
I went to a little trade show yesterday where Hot Press were showing their Jet Mounter. I have often drooled over their vacuum press which is large, heavy, expensive and requires a large area of any room its in.
The jet mounter is much much smaller as it uses cold pressure rollers to run the art work through it. Its light and can be stood on end in a corner or wherever when not in use. It's also much much cheaper than a vacuum press.
It uses various double sided acrylic pressure sensitive glues on a mounting film.
It can mount to any flat material including perspex, mdf, plywood, aluminium and of course normal mount board. I got the rep to demonstrate a floating mount and to my amazement, it only took a couple of minutes. I was very impressed and and now would seriously look at one of these over any vacuum or hardpress every time.
Using special clear mount film, you can even mount the image side directly to perspex for display or wrap images around the edge of mdf or mount to board for insertion to box frames. They also supply double sided mounting film with one side being permanent and the other being repositionable (for 24 hours) which is useful for mounting images in albums or as book covers.
Its a nifty bit of kit well worth looking at. Various sizes available at around £600 for 26 inch wide although some are available cheaper elsewhere. That compares favourably with £3600 for their smallest vacuum press.