PDA

View Full Version : Electronics expert help.

vanannan
25th October 2009, 08:50 AM
Hi
I stripped an old E6 handline a few years ago which included a nitrogen burst facility the tank size was 3 gallon 3f.
recently I have been converting the built in plenum from one of the tanks to fit a 7 litre 7f tank, I am just about ready to go however the only thing missing is the timer which controls the solenoid valve (interval and burst rate) the solenoid valve works on 230 volts AC, I have tried to obtain a suitable timer and I have tried looking at the online RS catalogue in which I am sure they will have something suitable but I don't not know what to ask for, is anyone able to help, this would be much appreciated.

Tony

PS anyone know where I might find a factory made 7 litre tank with built in plenum?

Barry
25th October 2009, 09:38 AM
Tony,

You need a timer with a relay output which is rated at 240vac with contacts to suit a current rating for the solenoid valve. A modified enlarger timer may suit?

vanannan
25th October 2009, 09:54 AM
Tony,

You need a timer with a relay output which is rated at 240vac with contacts to suit a current rating for the solenoid valve. A modified enlarger timer may suit?

Hi Barry
Thank you for your reply:), I am rather thick when it comes to electronics and maybe I didn't explain my requirements very well, my solenoid valve is 230-250 vac 5 amps I need a timer which switches the solenoid on and off for 1 second every 10 seconds, I had thought of operating the solenoid via a digital enlarger timer which would give me the 1 sec on and of switching of the solenoid but not the 10 second interval, obviously it would be better to have a timer where these times are variable.

alfie
25th October 2009, 10:14 AM
One of these...

http://uk.farnell.com/tele/g2zif20-24-240v/timer-multifunction-7-2-co/dp/1250704

vanannan
25th October 2009, 10:58 AM
One of these...

http://uk.farnell.com/tele/g2zif20-24-240v/timer-multifunction-7-2-co/dp/1250704

Thanks Alfie much appreciated:) It appears that this might the job however I have had a look at the specs and to me it might as well be hieroglyphics or sanskrit so am slightly reluctant to purchase without being absolutely certain it will serve the purpose could you or anyone else confirm it's suitability or suggest anything that is more user (dumbo like me) friendly.

alfie
25th October 2009, 11:25 AM
It will work,

Set mode to Ii
Set time ranges to 10s
Set time pots to 1s and 9s
Mains in on A1, A2
Contact is on 25, 28

vanannan
26th October 2009, 08:03 AM
It will work,

Set mode to Ii
Set time ranges to 10s
Set time pots to 1s and 9s
Mains in on A1, A2
Contact is on 25, 28

Hi Alfie
Thanks for the extra info and reassurance.
Regards
Tony