PDA

View Full Version : Kodak T-Max developer & Fixer

Matt5791
9th November 2009, 08:49 PM
I have a load of this stuff in stock (the 1L bottles which dilute to make 5L 1:4) and I think it is rather overlooked.

Firstly, the developer. Following a tip from someone on APUG, I have used this to develop a roll of Delta 3200, exposed at 3200. I developed it for 9.5 minutes at 20 degC. I am very pleased with the results as grain seems to be surpressed and, although it is gritty, it is very pleasant. I think this developer may be a good budget alternative to Ilford DDX.

Secondly the Fixer - I have taken to fixing T-Max film twice when using regular fixer (yes I know for ideal archival purposes you should fix twice anyway) because with only one fixing it seems easy to be left with pink negatives, which I dont like. The T-max fixer is faster and more efficient at fixing these films.

So... I'm putting these two products on offer at £7.95 for the dev. and £7.49 for the fix.

Note: They are now only available as the 1L concentrate - the boxed version with two small bottles to make 2x1L working solution have been discontinued in both the dev and the fix. However at the time of writing we do have 2 fix and 1 dev left in this size.