PDA

View Full Version : Trevor Crone Interview

Martin Aislabie
18th November 2009, 12:45 PM
In case you haven't noticed, there is an interview with Trevor Crone on the Silverprint home page - http://www.silverprint.co.uk/

Just click on the icon and it will start.

Its nice to hear Trevor talking about his work and how he finds photographic inspiration :)

According to the Web Site, Martin Reed is planning to do a series with well known photographers - a great idea :D

Martin

Mike O'Pray
19th November 2009, 09:09 PM
Thanks for that Martin. Trevor was easy to listen to and that is a talent which can never be over-rated. A series is a great idea

Mike

Trevor Crone
20th November 2009, 09:00 PM
Many thanks guys much appreciated :)

Martin Aislabie
21st November 2009, 12:37 AM
It was a nice interview Trevor

I also find it interesting to put the timbre of a voice to a name

Martin

Rob Archer
21st November 2009, 09:05 AM
Really enjoyed listening. Thanks Trevor et al for arranging it. My wife was listening in the background and said she enjoyed Trevor's Kentish accent (she's from kent, too)! It's also good to hear someone extolling the virtues of the English coast - we're usually far too quick to rubbish it.

Rob

Trevor Crone
21st November 2009, 10:14 AM
Rob, your wife is being most kind giving me a Kentish accent, being a Londoner born and bred, my accent has obviously changed over the years, probably a result of so many visits to Kent :)

Rob Archer
22nd November 2009, 12:47 PM
Rob, your wife is being most kind giving me a Kentish accent, being a Londoner born and bred, my accent has obviously changed over the years, probably a result of so many visits to Kent :)

She's actually from Bromley, which I call Sarf London - she insists it Kent, though! I wouldn't have called your accent Knet either. OTOH what you said was great, whatever the accent!

Rob

darkclassical
23rd November 2009, 06:16 AM
Thanks for the link Martin.
Trevor, it was a pleasure to hear your interview! Your comments on "photographer's block" were very helpful - especially if one looks at the overall aspects of creativity in general, be it photography, painting, sculpture or music composition. When this happens next, I'll remember to change tools and look at the world in a different way.

Trevor Crone
23rd November 2009, 08:42 AM
Thanks for the link Martin.
Trevor, it was a pleasure to hear your interview! Your comments on "photographer's block" were very helpful - especially if one looks at the overall aspects of creativity in general, be it photography, painting, sculpture or music composition. When this happens next, I'll remember to change tools and look at the world in a different way.

Many thanks Bruce.

Changing film format certainly helped me seeing a familiar scene in a different way.

When Brett Weston was asked about using different film formats/cameras, he replied, 'a change of pace in cameras is a very healthy thing. A man needs a change.' (Interviews with Master Photographers, Paddington Press Ltd., 1977)