PDA

View Full Version : The Silverprint Advert Photo, what photographer?

Fintan
28th November 2009, 06:33 PM
I've loved the photograph of the airstream trailer on the Silverprint advert and wondering if anyone knows who made this and if would be possible to get a print for my wall.

I'm not as well up on famous photographers work as I should be, so please dont go mad if its really obvious :o

Fintan

MPerson
28th November 2009, 07:08 PM
Don't know who the photographer is but the image is taken at Dungeness, Kent - just up the road from Derek Jarman's cottage. It has been there several years now.

Dave miller
28th November 2009, 07:36 PM
I believe it is by Martin Reed of Silverprint, but could be wrong. An unframed copy is pinned to the wall in their office, I noticed it earlier today.

Trevor Crone
28th November 2009, 08:51 PM
I believe it is by Martin Reed of Silverprint, but could be wrong. An unframed copy is pinned to the wall in their office, I noticed it earlier today.

Dave, it's by Shane Gilliver. I was only talking about it with him today just before I left. Taken with a 4x5 camera using swing and tilt to minimise depth of field, would you use anything else? :D

Martin Aislabie
29th November 2009, 12:34 PM
I've loved the photograph of the airstream trailer on the Silverprint advert and wondering if anyone knows who made this and if would be possible to get a print for my wall.

I'm not as well up on famous photographers work as I should be, so please dont go mad if its really obvious :o

Fintan

I think its a really cool photo too :)

Martin

JimW
29th November 2009, 04:38 PM
Agreed, vision combined with ability to reproduce that vision. Result.

Fintan
1st December 2009, 09:32 PM
thanks for all the replies folks, one last question, does this chap have a website?

Dave miller
2nd December 2009, 07:20 AM
thanks for all the replies folks, one last question, does this chap have a website?

Don't know, but you could email him at Silverprint and ask him.

Fintan
4th December 2009, 04:38 PM
Thanks for everyones help on this. I've bought the print, it will be shipped monday.

Happy Christmas to Fintan, from Fintan

Fintan
13th December 2009, 09:00 AM
My final update to the thread. The print has arrived and I love it. Shane is a nice chap to deal with. Thanks for the help with this.

JimW
13th December 2009, 03:46 PM
May we see it on FADU? With his permission, and hopefully his membership?