PDA

View Full Version : Print Exchange Round 14

Tony Marlow
16th December 2009, 03:35 PM
It’s time to time to think about Round 14. All those who want to participate please post here and send me a PM to confirm your address.
Closing date for registering your entry is 31st December 2009. Latest date for sending your print is 31st January 2010. I am only looking for one print a month; there is plenty of room on my spreadsheet for all your entries so no one needs to hold back.

Print Exchange Rules
To start with you will have the remainder of this month to sign up, the cut-off being the last day of the month. If you wish to be included then make a post on this thread to that effect, and at the same time send me a PM with your name, and address.
Head the PM with the title “FADU Print Exchange Round”, and add the round number
At the beginning of next month those that have given me their details will be provided with the name and address of one other member to whom you will be expected to send your print before the end of the month.

You will not be told who has been asked to send you a print, so that it remains a surprise until you receive it. When you send your print please post to that effect on this thread, but do not say to whom you have sent it. We like to maintain the element of surprise until the last moment. When you receive a print please post to that effect on this thread, you may say who it is from and comment on it if you wish.

Anyone failing to send out their print without good reason will be excluded from future events. If you run into difficulty in this respect then please let me know.
If you wish to participate then confirm your intention on this thread and also send me a PM with your name and address.

The selection process will be as random as possible, and I will try and ensure that you receive a print from a different person in each round although eventually there will be some repetition.

Rules.
1. Your photograph must have originated from a film exposed in a proper camera.
2. Your print can be any size up to 10”x 8”.
3. Paper type and finish is your choice, as is the subject.
4. The image may be any size or format.
5. Toning or other treatment is optional.
6. Inkjet, or digitally printed photographs or computer manipulated images are ineligible.
7. The addition of explanatory notes is optional, but your recipient may appreciate some background information, and if you do not say who it is from, they cannot thank you for it.
8. You must enjoy the experience.

Waiting to hear from you all.
Tony

RH Designs
16th December 2009, 03:36 PM
Yes please.

Dave miller
16th December 2009, 03:42 PM
Count me in.

B&W Neil
16th December 2009, 05:30 PM
Provided I survive the season of excess - please put me in :D

Neil.

Rob Archer
16th December 2009, 07:36 PM
Yes please, Tony

Rob

vincent
16th December 2009, 09:13 PM
Yes please, Tony and a Happy Christmas to you and thanks a lot for all your work during the year.

StanW
16th December 2009, 09:42 PM
Crutches or no, I'm a starter for 2010. Best wishes.

BobRob
20th December 2009, 02:19 PM
good on you Stan.

me too Tony please.

bob Robertson.

Mike O'Pray
20th December 2009, 09:56 PM
Time I took the plunge. Count me in for Round 14

Mike

Bill
21st December 2009, 06:54 PM
Count me in again please tony.

Thanks

Bill

Jon Butler
21st December 2009, 07:40 PM
Yes please Tony.
JON.

Steve O
27th December 2009, 06:50 PM
I'd like to have a go, please count me in.

Steve

Tony Marlow
28th December 2009, 10:37 AM
The list for Round 14 will close next Friday morning. Those on it so far are:-
RH Designs
Dave
B&W Neil
Rob Archer
vincent
Stan W
BobRob
Mike O'Pray
Bill
Jon Butler
Steve O

If I have missed anyone please let me know plus anybody else who wants to join.

Tony

Bob
28th December 2009, 11:20 AM
Add me in again please Tony.

Tony Marlow
1st January 2010, 04:41 PM
The list for round 14 is now closed. The list of participants is below. If I have missed anybody please let me know straight away.

RH Designs
Dave
B&W Neil
Rob Archer
vincent
Stan W
BobRob
Mike O'Pray
Bill
Jon Butler
Steve O
Bob.

PMs will go out next week.
Tony

Jon Butler
6th January 2010, 10:11 AM
Print put in the this morning, may be some delay with this weather.
JON.

vincent
7th January 2010, 02:22 PM
My print is the post.

StanW
8th January 2010, 12:02 AM
Posted today;I hope the airfields are clear.
Best wishes for 2010.

RH Designs
10th January 2010, 10:06 AM
Print put in the this morning, may be some delay with this weather.
JON.

It arrived safely yesterday Jon. Many thanks for a beautiful warm-toned print of a flowing brook. Exactly my sort of image!

Steve O
12th January 2010, 08:02 PM
Mine has gone this afternoon.

All the best

Steve

Rob Archer
12th January 2010, 08:15 PM
Mine went off this afternoon.

Rob

Rob Archer
14th January 2010, 04:28 PM
Just recieved a superb lanscape from SteveO, complete with printing diagram. I will comment further as soon as I've had time to enjoy it properly!

Thanks

Rob

Jon Butler
14th January 2010, 07:14 PM
Received a print today from Rob, a well detailed rock study printed on FB paper.
Thanks JON.

B&W Neil
15th January 2010, 10:25 PM
A print arrived today from Vincent of an interesting landscape abstract, beautifully printed on FB paper.

Many thanks,

Neil.

Dave miller
16th January 2010, 07:25 AM
Are you going to share these with the rest of us in the Exchange Gallery?

Jon Butler
16th January 2010, 08:45 AM
Sorry guilty again, I forgot scan the print sent to Richard.
Luckily I have 5 other copies so I'll try to scan and upload it latter.
I HATE SCANNING for these tiny web images.
Kind Regards JON.

Dave miller
16th January 2010, 09:13 AM
Sorry guilty again, I forgot scan the print sent to Richard.
Luckily I have 5 other copies so I'll try to scan and upload it latter.
Kind Regards JON.

HATE is good, releases tensions :); or is it the other way around? :confused:

RH Designs
16th January 2010, 09:15 AM
Kind Regards JON.

I can scan it for you if you want?

Dave miller
16th January 2010, 09:25 AM
Posted today;I hope the airfields are clear.
Best wishes for 2010.

They must have been as it just landed on my door mat.
A well printed study of the Blue Lake at St. Bathans, New Zealand. Stan says it's a magnet for local photographers, something I can understand having seen this print.

Jon Butler
16th January 2010, 09:50 AM
Richard,
Thanks for the offer but I will do it latter when finished in my darkroom latter today.
Cheer's JON.

Bill
16th January 2010, 11:32 AM
My print is in the post.

Bill

StanW
16th January 2010, 08:14 PM
Thanks for the comment, Dave. You'd enjoy the old Vulcan pub too. I'm hoiping to be back in that area soon.

RH Designs
19th January 2010, 01:42 PM
Posted my print just now.

StanW
19th January 2010, 11:45 PM
Bill's photo of Skiddaw arrived this morning. Five days is pretty good going. Now it's safely stored away in my album.

Mike O'Pray
20th January 2010, 05:22 PM
Posted my print this afternoon and my print from Richard Ross arrived today. Great print Richard. There are shades of Michael Kenna contained in the snowy scene of the Dales and sheep. Last word goes to the wife to whom I showed it without her realising it wasn't mine. She said " That's good - pity there isn't a competition you could enter it into."

Knowing how picky she can be, there can't be a much better compliment.

Mike

RH Designs
20th January 2010, 08:57 PM
Thanks Mike, appreciated - there can't be a much better compliment than a comparison to Michael Kenna either. Glad you both like it :)

Dave miller
21st January 2010, 11:56 AM
I posted my offering this morning.

BobRob
21st January 2010, 05:54 PM
Recieved my print this morning, a superb shot of a Harris Hawk from Mike O'Pray...many thanks Mike, another for my album of Fadu specials.

BobRob.

Steve O
23rd January 2010, 09:23 AM
Just received Dave's shot, a strong Infra-red composition of Broadway tower in the Cotswolds printed on MG FB Warmtone. I particularly like the streak of white cloud that breaks up the sky. Lovely print quality too.

Steve

Bill
25th January 2010, 10:31 AM
Received my print this morning from BobRob.

A lith print of an old bowl amongst other detritus in an abandoned warehouse.

Well seen and well executed.

Thanks Bob.

Bill

Tony Marlow
27th January 2010, 05:04 PM
Just as a reminder, there are two more prints to be sent by this weekend to complete round 14.

Tony

B&W Neil
28th January 2010, 11:21 AM
My print sent off today - sorry for being a tad late this month.

Neil.

Bob
30th January 2010, 01:23 PM
My print sent off today - sorry for being a tad late this month.

Neil.

And gratefully received this morning :) - I'm very impressed on how sharp the print is... The consequence of HP5+ in Prescysol I wonder?

Cheers, Bob.

P.S. I'm even later - mine only went out last night :o...

B&W Neil
30th January 2010, 02:17 PM
Bob, Glad you are impressed with the sharpness. I did use 35mm HP5+ (at 400 ISO) in Prescysol semi-stand development at 24c(11 minutes) with a modified agitation routine. The neg was easy to print with only a tad holding back required on the r/h river bank. I also took the corners down a touch. HP5+ in Prescysol seems to be a good combination.

Neil.

vincent
3rd February 2010, 10:56 AM
P.S. I'm even later - mine only went out last night :o

I have just received Bob's print with a nice Irish connection. More about same when I get home this evening. Be sure and post it Bob and thanks again.

Cheers
Vincent

Dave miller
3rd February 2010, 11:43 AM
Bob, Glad you are impressed with the sharpness. I did use 35mm HP5+ (at 400 ISO) in Prescysol semi-stand development at 24c(11 minutes) with a modified agitation routine. The neg was easy to print with only a tad holding back required on the r/h river bank. I also took the corners down a touch. HP5+ in Prescysol seems to be a good combination.

Neil.

What about copying this across to the Gallery to accompany your picture!

B&W Neil
3rd February 2010, 12:04 PM
What about copying this across to the Gallery to accompany your picture!

A good idea - done :)

Neil.