PDA

View Full Version : Devere 108s mixing box.

vanannan
30th December 2009, 09:15 AM
Hi
I am trying to locate a 5X5 inch mixing box for my DeVere 108 Dichromat colour head, any help would be greatly appreciated the attached photo 1 shows this head attached to a DeVere 108s enlarger photo 2 is the large 10x10 inch mixing box the 5x5 inch should look similar but with a 5x5 inch diffuser.

Barry
30th December 2009, 09:31 AM
The only place's I can think of who may have one of these are Mr CAD and Secondhand Darkroom Supplies. However I suspect you have probably contacted these?

Barry
30th December 2009, 09:35 AM
Further thoughts...

I assume that a 5x5" mixing box has the same external dimensions as the 10x10" box? Would it be possible to insert some white foam (reflective) into the 10x10" to mask it down to 5x5"?

Dave miller
30th December 2009, 09:56 AM
Have you contacted Odyssey Sales (http://www.odyssey-sales.com/company/de-vere.asp)? Their price may cause you to experience a slight weakness of the knees, but I'm sure they can help.

vanannan
30th December 2009, 11:34 AM
Barry
Thanks for your advise, I have tried everywhere I can think of in the UK including those you mention, I have also posted on the Large Format Photography Forum as yet to no avail, I do use this enlarger for printing 10x8 negs for which it is great (2KW) it is also more than adequate for 5X4 however when enlarging smaller negs it is a bit slow, I understand that by using the 5X5 mixing box the gain would be 1 stop which would be great, obviously I would not want to reduce the illuminated area, I have lined the 10X10 light mixing box with projection screen material which has increased the intensity a little, I think the 5X5 box is the answer if I can locate one.

Dave
I have recently Emailed Odyssey sales who I am sure may have a 5X5 inch box, I have not yet received a reply as indeed I didn't the last time I enquired a few months back.

Thanks to both of you, I am quite determined to find a 5X5 box, someone somewhere will have one.

Dave miller
30th December 2009, 11:47 AM
I suppose it's a little too obvious to suggest a second enlarger? There is equally obviously a good reason why you haven't taken this solution.

vanannan
30th December 2009, 11:57 AM
Hi Dave
I do have a DV504 with the older 250 watt colour head which I find to be rather slow, my ideal would be to find a more recent 500 watt colour head at a reasonable price, I have considered a Multigrade head but worry about servicing and availability of spares.