PDA

View Full Version : Nicknacks

Dave miller
18th October 2008, 10:00 AM
On occasion we come across something that proves useful for a task not envisaged by it's designer. One such is a water valve that I use to control the water supply to my print washer. It was sold as a garden hose controller, so I guess my use is not so far away from it's designers intent. It allows me to leave my unattended prints washing for a pre-set time. It uses a clockwork escapement, so no batteries required.
Have you found a gadget that may be of use to others here?

Argentum
19th October 2008, 12:38 PM
NickNack? wasn't he Scaramanga's Butler?

Ag-Bromide
2nd November 2008, 06:05 PM
The set of measuring Jugs that I bought from my local supermarket worked out at a fraction of the cost of the larger sized measuring graduates from companies such as Jobo and Paterson if that counts as "Nick-Nacks".

Dave miller
2nd November 2008, 06:28 PM
The set of measuring Jugs that I bought from my local supermarket worked out at a fraction of the cost of the larger sized measuring graduates from companies such as Jobo and Paterson if that counts as "Nick-Nacks".

They do indeed. :)

Ag-Bromide
2nd November 2008, 07:03 PM
They certainly do, try looking around your local Asda, Tesco etc and see for yourself.

Trevor Crone
2nd November 2008, 07:08 PM
I've managed to obtain a couple of jugs from my local Pound shop. One was a 5L jug for just a pound and its certainly strong enough to hold such a volume.