PDA

View Full Version : Fotospeed LD20 Lith developer

Jacques
24th January 2010, 10:54 PM
I have a kit of Fotospeed LD20 that I opened on august 2008. The bottles are still at 3/4 full. Do you think it is still good?
Jacques

PaulG
25th January 2010, 11:25 AM
Sorry Jacques, none of my LD20 has lasted that long to find out. :D

I get the impression that lith developer generally keeps for quite a long time, so I would say give it a try. After all, LD20 isn't cheap and what do you have to lose other than a little of your time and maybe a sheet or two of paper?

I'd be interested to know how you get on.

Timrudman
25th January 2010, 12:14 PM
I have a kit of Fotospeed LD20 that I opened on august 2008. The bottles are still at 3/4 full. Do you think it is still good?
Jacques

Unless you live in the tropics it is almost certainly OK
Tim

B&W Neil
25th January 2010, 12:17 PM
As long as there has been no cross-contamination the contents will be fine. You are correct lith developers (A&B) do keep for a very long time in normal storage conditions. I have some half used 1 gallon containers of Kodak and Champion lith developer in my darkroom that are many years old now and are still working perfectly well.

Have no worries - mix up and let's see some lith prints :)

Neil.

Jacques
25th January 2010, 02:08 PM
Thank you everyone. I will give it a try and post my results.
Jacques

Steve O
25th January 2010, 10:35 PM
I've used 1/4 full bottles of LD20 that have been standing idle for well over a year without any problems.

Steve

Roy_H
26th January 2010, 10:24 AM
From the days when I used to get through gallons of Kodalith developer for high contrast lith work - similar formulation to LD-20 I believe - I can vouch for its longevity.
So long as the two solutions are not contaminated it should be good for many years. wish I'd hung onto some!

Jacques
26th January 2010, 03:18 PM
Yesterday I gave it a try and it is working beautifully. Thanks again everybody.
Jacques