PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Roger Thoms
7th February 2010, 09:20 PM
Hi just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Roger and live in San Mateo, Ca, USA. Surprised I hadn't come across this forum sooner as I certainly spend my share of time on the internet. I'm also an active and committed film and darkroom users. Lately I've been using a Speed Graphic 4x5 and participating in various print and postcard exchanges on LFPF, APUG, and Filmwasters.

Roger

Dave miller
7th February 2010, 09:34 PM
Welcome Roger, I'm glad that you have found us. :)

Trevor Crone
7th February 2010, 09:36 PM
Hi Roger ane welcome to FADU, pleased you found us - hiding in the dark :)

B&W Neil
7th February 2010, 10:32 PM
Hello Roger and welcome to FADU.

Neil.

Neil Smith
8th February 2010, 01:06 AM
Hi and welcome to FADU

Neil

Barry
8th February 2010, 05:27 AM
Welcome to fadu Roger.

Peter Hogan
8th February 2010, 11:33 AM
Hi Roger, and welcome to FADU...

Richard Gould
8th February 2010, 12:46 PM
Hi Roger and welcome to fadu,look forward to ypur posts,Richard

Bob
8th February 2010, 04:01 PM
Welcome aboard Roger :)

Hope you enjoy your visits here.

Cheers, Bob.

Mike O'Pray
8th February 2010, 05:32 PM
Hi Roger and welcome. A Speed Graphic eh? Last time I saw a Speed Graphic was at Don Corleone's daughter's wedding on Saturday night! The photog took a shot of Don Barzini who promptly took the sheet out and crumbled it up, then Santino Corleone smashed one into the ground.

Obviously not a popular camera. My tip would be to avoid weddings in New Jersey. California might be fine.:D:

Mike

Bill
8th February 2010, 06:58 PM
Welcome to the forum Roger.

Bill

Roger Thoms
9th February 2010, 02:42 AM
I'll keep that in mind.

I was in just NY City with the Speed and got quite a few positive comments about the camera. Definitely and attention getter. The only problem I had was at the Staten Island Ferry building with the camera set up on a tripod. Security approached me and made me put the camera away. While I was actually on the Ferry I had no Problem. Walked all over the ferry taking pictures (well half a dozen or so), go figure.

Roger