PDA

View Full Version : For lovers of infrared film.

vincent
7th February 2010, 10:15 PM
I watch an extraordinary film recently shot on infrared film stock. Its called 'I am Cuba' by Mikhail Kalatozov a Russian film director and released in 1964. It's now available on DVD and is well worth seeing , not for its politics but for the use of infrared film and the fantastic tracking shots.

MartinH
8th February 2010, 08:48 PM
Will look it up Vincent, always wondered what it would be like watching an infrared film

Roger Thoms
9th February 2010, 03:13 AM
I watch an extraordinary film recently shot on infrared film stock. Its called 'I am Cuba' by Mikhail Kalatozov a Russian film director and released in 1964. It's now available on DVD and is well worth seeing , not for its politics but for the use of infrared film and the fantastic tracking shots.

Just put I in the #1 position in my Netflix queue. Maybe it will inspire me to shoot the roll of 135 Efke infrared film in my freezer.

Roger

vincent
9th February 2010, 08:49 PM
Will look it up Vincent, always wondered what it would be like watching an infrared film

A lot of B&W movies shot their night scenes with IR film to give the impression of night with the black skys. But this film is exceptional in the use of IR.