PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Cheshire

Carl V
10th February 2010, 07:24 PM
Good evening, my name is Carl and I live just outside Northwich in Cheshire.

I purchased my first 35mm SLR back in 1983 and was shooting in colour for the first couple of years or so. In 1985, I began working in a photographic shop and it was here where I learnt how to process and print black & white films. Our shop manager used to run darkroom courses occasionally, and I've been using black & white film pretty much all the time since then.

I started off using Pentax equipment, but around the early 1990s I changed over to Nikon and now use FM2's as I prefer manual cameras. I have various manual AIS lenses as well which I've acquired over several years.

I still enjoy photography today as much as I did when first introduced, and I still enjoy darkroom work too although I don't get the chance to spend as much time in it as I would like to.

I have never been interested in digital photography, so as long as film and chemistry/paper continues to be manufactured, I shall carry on using them. I use Ilford all the time now, but I have used Kodak films when I first learnt about film processing.

Finally, I would like to say that photography is purely a hobby for me, and I am not a professional. Even though I've been involved with photography for a number of years, I still feel there is always something to learn - particularly in the darkroom in my case. I certainly hope to be able to offer opinions and advice to other members whenever I possibly can, but I'm just as likely to be asking as well. :)

Thanks very much for reading this.

All the best regards,

Carl.

Trevor Crone
10th February 2010, 07:29 PM
Hello Carl and welcome to FADU. Good to hear digital is of no interest to you.......me too :)

Mike O'Pray
10th February 2010, 07:35 PM
Hi Carl and welcome. An Ilford user who lives quite close to Mobberley. That's handy. If Ilford raise prices again can you picket on our behalf. Well I should only speak for myself so on my behalf at least.:D:

Mike

Carl V
10th February 2010, 07:36 PM
Hello Carl and welcome to FADU. Good to hear digital is of no interest to you.......me too :)

Thanks very much Trevor, it's good to be here. :)

Carl V
10th February 2010, 07:39 PM
Hi Carl and welcome. An Ilford user who lives quite close to Mobberley. That's handy. If Ilford raise prices again can you picket on our behalf. Well I should only speak for myself so on my behalf at least.:D:

Mike

Thanks for the welcome Mike. Yes, Ilford's only about 15 minutes drive away, so it won't take me long to get there and show my disapproval if they try any funny business. :D

Dave miller
10th February 2010, 07:49 PM
Welcome Carl, glad you found us.

Carl V
10th February 2010, 08:00 PM
Welcome Carl, glad you found us.

Many thanks indeed Dave.

StanW
10th February 2010, 08:02 PM
Welcome to a former Pentax user from Down Under. I haven't changed.

Carl V
10th February 2010, 08:08 PM
Welcome to a former Pentax user from Down Under. I haven't changed.

Thank you very much Stan. I still have fond memories of my MX - a great mechanical camera.

Neil Smith
10th February 2010, 08:29 PM
Hi and welcome to FADU

Neil

Barry
10th February 2010, 08:36 PM
Welcome to fadu Carl.

Bill
10th February 2010, 08:52 PM
Welcome to the Forum Carl

Bill

Carl V
10th February 2010, 08:56 PM
Thank you very much indeed Neil, Barry and Bill for welcoming me. It is greatly appreciated. :)

Steve O
10th February 2010, 10:32 PM
Welcome Carl, I'm just down the road in Kelsall !

Steve

B&W Neil
10th February 2010, 10:38 PM
Hi Carl and welcome to FADU.

Neil/

Carl V
10th February 2010, 10:40 PM
Welcome Carl, I'm just down the road in Kelsall !

Steve

Hi Steve, and thank you. Yes, you're just down Chester Road from where I am. Nice to have another Cheshire resident on the forum. :)

Carl V
10th February 2010, 10:41 PM
Hi Carl and welcome to FADU.

Neil/

Many thanks indeed for the welcome Neil. :)

Richard Gould
11th February 2010, 10:24 AM
Hello Carl and welcome to fadu, great that digi holds no interest to you and I look forward to your posts and maybe seeing some of your work,Richard

Peter Hogan
11th February 2010, 12:13 PM
Hi Carl, and welcome to FADU....:)

Bob
11th February 2010, 12:52 PM
Welcome aboard!

Hope you have fun here.

Cheers, Bob.

Carl V
11th February 2010, 04:56 PM
Many, many thanks to you Richard, Peter and Bob for welcoming me to the forum. I do appreciate that very much. :)

knikki
12th February 2010, 03:12 PM
Hello Carl V

Wondered over from the TP Film threads?

Nice to see you

Carl V
12th February 2010, 04:30 PM
Hello Carl V

Wondered over from the TP Film threads?

Nice to see you

Hello Knikki, it's nice to see you too, and great to see a familiar name on here.

Yes, I thought as I am a 100% film user, then it would make sense to join a film forum. It's encouraging to know there are many more people like ourselves.