PDA

View Full Version : Uploads

MickS
16th February 2010, 02:04 PM
Watcha All
What is the spec on uploading stuff here. I presumed that it all had to be darkroom and chemicals and scans of the finished print; however, wandering through the galleries and albums I've been noticing comments like: scan of neg, I've nowt against that, to me, Photoshop and a computer is just another tool for producing pics, we manipulate in the darkroom, we manipulate on the computer, I just thought it strange given the title of the site.
best
Mick

Dave miller
16th February 2010, 02:14 PM
Any images uploaded to the Galleries or Albums should be of darkroom or alternate process prints produced directly from film based negatives. Any manipulation of the uploaded image should be limited to that necessary to ensure that the displayed image matches the original, as far as that is possible.

Uploading scans of negatives is acceptable where a question is raised regarding a related process or problem.

We also allow digital images that are required to illustrate an article or post.

Reference to our rules, particularly number 1 and 9 should clarify matters.

I hope that helps.

Michael
16th February 2010, 05:44 PM
Mick, I make a lot of cyanotypes under digital negatives; but I don't post them here because I reckon the rules don't allow it.

Dave miller
16th February 2010, 06:53 PM
Mick, I make a lot of cyanotypes under digital negatives; but I don't post them here because I reckon the rules don't allow it.

Quite right, they don't. ;)

Michael
16th February 2010, 07:14 PM
Dave, I think you should have made that clear in your first reply to Mick.

Dave miller
16th February 2010, 07:44 PM
Dave, I think you should have made that clear in your first reply to Mick.

I sit here castigated, and humbled, I thought our few rules covered the point.

Michael
16th February 2010, 08:02 PM
No, Dave, I don't mean that. I mean that you didn't point out to Mick that two of his uploads contravened FADU's rules. The rules are clear enough.

Dave miller
17th February 2010, 08:00 AM
No, Dave, I don't mean that. I mean that you didn't point out to Mick that two of his uploads contravened FADU's rules. The rules are clear enough.

I see, I hadn’t appreciated your point.

It seems that whilst the rules are clear to you (and me) they provide a different interpretation to Mick; that is the problem to be addressed.

We have kept the rules as simple as possible, but it seems that, in this case, a few additional words are required.

As a general point members are at liberty to advise us if they see anything happening on this forum that they think contravenes the rules, or spirit of the forum. There is a reporting icon http://www.film-and-darkroom-user.org.uk/forum/images/buttons/report.gif at head of each post that will take you to a message box that can be used to alert us.