PDA

View Full Version : Delta 100 4x5

Jon Butler
20th February 2010, 01:09 PM
Hi,
I've been offered 10/25 boxes of in date Delta 100 at a silly low price, never used Delta before.
I use FP4 & mostly HP5 and have never felt the need to change.
Should I buy or not, will I be disappointed or surprised?
I use the Zone system and develop in Pyrocat HD or Peter Hogan's
Prescysol EF but got access to most others.
I would appreciate anybody's experiences.

Thanks JON.

Dave miller
20th February 2010, 01:27 PM
It's a very good film, but obviously has it's own characteristics. I use their 400 variant which I like. It's a popular film so I'm sure that if you find you don't take to it then you could sell the remainder on with little trouble.

Trevor Crone
20th February 2010, 01:34 PM
Jon, I use Delta 100 4x5 along with HP5. I dev it in PMK pyro and I really like its fine grain and smooth tonality. I would be surprised if you didn't get on with it. If you don't like it and it's still at a 'sillyish' price I'll have it off you :)

Stoo Batchelor
20th February 2010, 03:14 PM
Jon, Delta 100 120 in Peters Prescysol EF is a nice combination, so 4 x 5 would be outstanding. It also takes well to Pyrocat HD aswell.

Best

Stoo

Peter Hogan
21st February 2010, 09:12 AM
John, I've shot over 100 rolls of Delta 400 in 120 format already this year... excellent film.

Dave miller
21st February 2010, 09:20 AM
John, I've shot over 100 rolls of Delta 400 in 120 format already this year... excellent film.

Thank you Peter, but we are discussing the ISO 100 version. Have you any experience of that?

Jon Butler
21st February 2010, 09:39 AM
Thanks
After your comments I decided to take up the offer. I've just phoned him and it's GONE.
There you go it's my fault, I said I would phone him last night, I forgot. May try Delta anyway
sometime in the future.
JON.

Dave miller
21st February 2010, 09:48 AM
Thanks
After your comments I decided to take up the offer. I've just phoned him and it's GONE.
There you go it's my fault, I said I would phone him last night, I forgot. May try Delta anyway
sometime in the future.
JON.

What a downer. :eek:

PaulG
21st February 2010, 08:33 PM
I started using Delta 100 after reading Roger Hicks and Frances Schultz' book on medium and large format. Roger argues (and I think still does) that Delta 100 is among the sharpest films out there. I haven't tested this assertion, but it's the default film for my RB67. All the LF sheet film I've used to date has also been Delta 100. Indeed, my first ever sheet of 8x10 is hanging up to dry as I type. I tend to use Ilfosol 3 as a developer, although have resorted to Rodinal when I've run out of Ilfosol.

I can't say I've done extensive tests with it, but have used it at box speed and have been more than happy with the results I've obtained so far.

Jon Butler
21st February 2010, 08:44 PM
Thanks Paul and all.
JON.