PDA

View Full Version : Adjusting a Scoponet

Phil
2nd March 2010, 09:04 AM
Hi folks - well on Saturday I did a particularly stupid thing, and dismantled my Scoponet with a view to cleaning the graticule and the eyepiece . . and er . . I didn't make a note of how it was set up :slap:
So whilst I've reassembled it, I've done a couple of test prints and they seem off, and actually looking back [I]minutely[I] at some old prints, it's set me thinking that maybe it was off all along! Consequently I now have what seems to be an inaccurate Scoponet!
I found a few bits and bobs online about how to adjust grain focusers however none of them seem to really work.
The thing with the Scoponet is that not only is the eyepiece adjustable, but so is the graticule, and you can turn that bloody thing for at least 3 revolutions before it even remotely seems to do anything! There is a white dot on the top of the graticule holder, but there's nothing else with which to line it up, apart from the grub screw on the main body of the eye piece/graticule assembly that holds it in place.
Does anyone have one, or instructions for one, or should I just toss it in the bin and get a Paterson?
Phil

Paul.
2nd March 2010, 10:31 AM
Sorry Phil cannot help you only comiserate, been there so many times or job finished and spare parts left over:eek:
Hope you able to sort it, I only use the paterson focus finders which I find produce variable results depending on my eyesight on the day, at least that is my excuse:D
Paul.

Barry
2nd March 2010, 11:46 AM
I have one Phil but it is not here at present to look at. Never taken it apart though so sorry I can't help you.