PDA

View Full Version : Hello I'm Ben Myerson

Ben Myerson
11th March 2010, 02:38 PM
I just joined and want to introduce myself, I'm Ben Myerson, I'm a retired former photographic store manager, I've been a keen photographer all my adult life, I shoot 35mm and 120 slide and colour negative film and have my work processed at pro labs, I don't have the space for a darkroom in my home,and they do a much better job than I can, I'm a big fan of the Fuji range of Professional films for both slides and prints. My cameras are two Mamiya C330 F and five Canon FD bodys , I don't own anything digital not even a scanner. Oh, I forgot I have a digital alarm clock ;)
I hope I can contribute something to to the discussions in this forum.

Ben.

B&W Neil
11th March 2010, 02:41 PM
Hello Ben and it is good to see you here - welcome to FADU.

Neil.

Dave miller
11th March 2010, 02:50 PM
Welcome Ben, glad you found us.

Richard Gould
11th March 2010, 03:21 PM
Hello Ben and welcome to Fadu, I look forward to your contributions,Richard

Peter Hogan
11th March 2010, 03:52 PM
Hi Ben, and welcome to FADU...

Andrew Bartram
11th March 2010, 05:14 PM
Welcome Ben, you have found the best site on the web for film and darkroom stuff...

Barry
11th March 2010, 05:21 PM
Welcome to fadu Ben. Get rid of that alarm clock and get a cockerel :D

Trevor Crone
11th March 2010, 05:30 PM
Hi Ben and welcome to the forum :)

JimW
11th March 2010, 06:47 PM
Canon FDs Mmmmmmmmmmmm nice!

StanW
11th March 2010, 08:06 PM
Welcome from Down Under. It's good to see another slide worker.

Bob
11th March 2010, 09:00 PM
Welcome aboard Ben.

If you have a kitchen sink you have enough room to develop film (tho I agree, not much point with colour neg) and if you have a bathroom, you have enough room to make prints - of course, other household members might have their own ideas about that :) ...

In any case, have fun!

Cheers, Bob.

vincent
11th March 2010, 09:25 PM
Welcome to fadu Ben and make yourself at home.

Mike O'Pray
11th March 2010, 11:22 PM
Hi Ben and welcome. I recently went digital myself - in terms of a radio. Reception may be better on radio 4 but whatever happened to the instant switch-on that analogue gave you. I still miss the dimly lit dial in the dark and the moving needle.

Then there was the radiogram with a built-in drinks cabinet - he says, rambling on as the wife bops him over the head with the whisky bottle he has just emptied :D:

Mike