PDA

View Full Version : Print Exchange Round 17

Tony Marlow
18th March 2010, 10:11 AM
It’s time to time to think about Round 17. All those who want to participate please post here and send me a PM to confirm your address.
Closing date for registering your entry is 31st March 2010. Latest date for sending your print is 30 April 2010. I am only looking for one print a month; there is plenty of room on my spreadsheet for all your entries so no one needs to hold back.

Print Exchange Rules
To start with you will have the remainder of this month to sign up, the cut-off being the last day of the month. If you wish to be included then make a post on this thread to that effect, and at the same time send me a PM with your name, and address.
Head the PM with the title “FADU Print Exchange Round”, and add the round number
At the beginning of next month those that have given me their details will be provided with the name and address of one other member to whom you will be expected to send your print before the end of the month.

You will not be told who has been asked to send you a print, so that it remains a surprise until you receive it. When you send your print please post to that effect on this thread, but do not say to whom you have sent it. We like to maintain the element of surprise until the last moment. When you receive a print please post to that effect on this thread, you may say who it is from and comment on it if you wish.

Anyone failing to send out their print without good reason will be excluded from future events. If you run into difficulty in this respect then please let me know.
If you wish to participate then confirm your intention on this thread and also send me a PM with your name and address.

The selection process will be as random as possible, and I will try and ensure that you receive a print from a different person in each round although eventually there will be some repetition.

Rules
• Your print must have been printed from a negative exposed in a film camera
• Inkjet, digitally printed photographs, or computer manipulated images are not allowed
• Your print paper can be any size that will fit in an envelope up to A4 size
• The image may be any size or format
• Paper type and finish is your choice, as is the subject
• Alternative processes, toning or other treatments are all accepted
• It is recommended you provide some background information with your print to assist your recipient as this encourages interchange
• Don‟t forget to enclose your details and FADU name so your recipient can thank you
• You are only responsible for the cost of posting your own print
• Please ensure you dispatch your print within the round month
• You must enjoy the experience
• If you have any queries or problems -please contact me as soon as possible.
Tony

Dave miller
18th March 2010, 10:30 AM
Yes please. PM sent.

raulpc
18th March 2010, 11:52 AM
I'm in again, please...
:)

StanW
18th March 2010, 09:26 PM
Yes please.

Rob Archer
19th March 2010, 07:57 PM
Yes please - and a timely reminder to me to get round 16 in the post!

Rob

Bill
21st March 2010, 09:59 AM
I'm in again please Tony

Bill

Konah Z
21st March 2010, 10:32 AM
I'd like to try this please.

martinb
22nd March 2010, 09:39 PM
Please count me in again.

Martin

Mike O'Pray
22nd March 2010, 10:49 PM
I'll give it another go, please. PM sent

Mike

PMarkey
22nd March 2010, 11:11 PM
PM sent :)

Paul

Xpres
23rd March 2010, 05:22 PM
I'll have another go as well.

Steve O
26th March 2010, 09:58 AM
Count me in again please.

Steve

mikeinmono
26th March 2010, 12:02 PM
Please count me in, PM sent.

vincent
27th March 2010, 11:45 AM
Count me in again. Thanks Tony.

B&W Neil
27th March 2010, 12:34 PM
Yes please, Tony.

Thanks, Neil.

Tony Marlow
29th March 2010, 06:00 PM
I will be closing the list for round 17 print exchange Thursday morning. The list so far is:-
Dave
B&W Neil
Rob Archer
Bill
BobRob
StanW
vincent
Steve O
Mike O'Pray
raulpc
martinb
Xpres
P Markey
KonahZ
mikeinmono

If anybody else wishes to join please let me know by Wednesday.

Tony

Bob
29th March 2010, 06:49 PM
Please add me in again Tony.

Cheers, Bob.

Jon Butler
30th March 2010, 08:19 PM
Yes please Tony.

Regards JON.

PaulG
31st March 2010, 07:26 AM
Me too please.

ChrisN
31st March 2010, 10:05 AM
As a novice in the darkroom and a newcomer to the forum I am very hesitant, but I will give it my best shot and look forward to feedback and seeing others work as examples of a standard I can aspire to. :)

Mike O'Pray
31st March 2010, 04:12 PM
As a novice in the darkroom and a newcomer to the forum I am very hesitant, but I will give it my best shot and look forward to feedback and seeing others work as examples of a standard I can aspire to. :)

Chris I'l be so bold to speak for the rest. I don't think that we consider the level of technical expertise should be a constraint at all. I wouldn't worry. Yours may be the most interesting print of the whole bunch. The surprise element and background details is what attracts me to the exchange.

Mike

Tony Marlow
1st April 2010, 08:15 PM
The list for round 17 is now closed. The list of those taking part is as folows:-

Dave
B&W Neil
Rob Archer
Bill
BobRob
StanW
vincent
Steve O
Mike O'Pray
raulpc
Marizu
martinb
Xpres
P Markey
KonahZ
mikeinmono
Bob
Jon Butler
Paul G
ChrisN
Tony Marlow

If I have missed anybody please let me know immediately. PMs will be sent in a few days.

Tony

Dave miller
7th April 2010, 11:03 AM
Mine's in the post.

StanW
8th April 2010, 01:21 AM
Poster today; I've hired a passing albatross this time.

Kev M
9th April 2010, 01:32 PM
Would it be rude of me to ask when the list for the next round is going up, I'm keen to disappoint someone with my atrocious photography;)

Just noticed you're hometown Stan, is that the same place Burton Munro originated from? World's Fastest Indian is one of my favourite films.

Dave miller
9th April 2010, 01:52 PM
Would it be rude of me to ask when the list for the next round is going up, I'm keen to disappoint someone with my atrocious photography;)

Just noticed you're hometown Stan, is that the same place Burton Munro originated from? World's Fastest Indian is one of my favourite films.

Tony will post an invitation to participate in round 18 around 18th /20th of the month, just follow the instructions that he posts. The rules can be found at the beginning of this thread.

Jon Butler
9th April 2010, 08:37 PM
Hi,
I'm sorry but sending my print will delayed this month as I'm working abroad for about two weeks.
I must get back before the 23rd as I've booked for the Weymouth FADU
get together.
When I get back I'll pick one out of my work print draw as I don't normally print especially for the exchanges.
JON.

ChrisN
12th April 2010, 07:27 AM
Posted mine today.

vincent
12th April 2010, 01:57 PM
As have I.

Steve Smith
12th April 2010, 02:30 PM
Would it be rude of me to ask when the list for the next round is going up, I'm keen to disappoint someone with my atrocious photography

Me too!

World's Fastest Indian is one of my favourite films.

Mine too!

Steve.

ChrisN
13th April 2010, 12:04 PM
Mine's in the post.

And has arrived here today!

Dave's print is a lovely enlargement from a medium format negative with IR film, of a view of Whitby Abbey. This is the first print I have seen from an IR negative - a fascinating effect, and a great way to start my print exchange album.

Thanks Dave. Cheers!

martinb
15th April 2010, 08:13 PM
Hello,

Received a lovely print today of Connemara Lakes from Vincent Brady. The view is stunning and unspoilt, I will have to add it to my list of places to visit.

Many thanks Vincent.

Regards

Martin

vincent
15th April 2010, 08:34 PM
That's great Martin glad you like it. I didn't expect it to arrive so soon.

Cheers
Vincent

Steve O
16th April 2010, 12:17 PM
Posted mine this morning.

Steve

Dave miller
17th April 2010, 08:35 AM
Posted mine this morning.

Steve

And it was received today.
An excellent study of a Buttermere Tree.

It may be an “iconic” view Steve, but one well worth taking for it’s a lovely print.

Steve O
17th April 2010, 09:33 PM
Thanks Dave, I took quite a few rolls of film that day but the tree just stood out from the rest.

Steve

Jon Butler
19th April 2010, 05:57 PM
Hi,
Received a print on Saturday from Chris (ChrisN) from Australia.
An environmental portrait of a guy looking at a traction engine.
It's well seen and composed, It's also been printed excellently.

Thanks Chris JON.

Jon Butler
19th April 2010, 05:59 PM
My print will be in the post tomorrow morning.
JON.

ChrisN
20th April 2010, 11:23 AM
Jon - thanks for the kind comments - cheers!

raulpc
20th April 2010, 02:43 PM
Mine went on its way this morning!
;)

raulpc
20th April 2010, 07:34 PM
...was here waiting when I arrived home, from New Zealand, what a thrill!
From Stanleyw, a beautiful print from an old disuded school, a strong detail, with a great tone range... great work, Stantey, love it, thank you very much!
:D
Raul

Bill
21st April 2010, 10:25 AM
My print has gone in the post this morning.

Bill

B&W Neil
22nd April 2010, 05:11 PM
My print will be in the post tomorrow morning.

Neil.

Rob Archer
22nd April 2010, 06:27 PM
Recieved an excellent print 'The Spoon Family' from Jon Butler today. Lovely print - made my children chuckle, too.

I'll post some more comments in the gallery latr and discuss more fully in Weymouth!

Rob

Tony Marlow
22nd April 2010, 06:44 PM
Posted my print today.

Tony

Rob Archer
22nd April 2010, 06:45 PM
I shall post mine off on the way to the station tomorrow.

Rob

Xpres
26th April 2010, 11:20 AM
Mine's on the way... Forgot to scan it!

vincent
26th April 2010, 11:55 AM
I have just received in the post a beautiful print from 'raulpc' featuring a wooded park scene. The detail captured is terrific and the selenium toning adds a nice impact to the finished photograph. I must try that with my work.
Thanks Raul.

mikeinmono
26th April 2010, 03:48 PM
My print went in the post this morning.

raulpc
26th April 2010, 04:26 PM
Thank you very much, Vincent... so happy you did like it!
:)

Tony Marlow
27th April 2010, 09:47 AM
A reminder, all prints for round 17 should be sent by this coming Friday. According to my records there are still eight more prints to be sent this week.

Tony

PaulG
27th April 2010, 10:20 AM
My print has gone in the post this morning.

Bill

...and arrived safely. A lovely, tonally rich, study of Fountains Abbey. Thanks Bill, and sorry for the late acknowledgement - I was away when it arrived.

Xpres
27th April 2010, 10:34 AM
Received this morning from martin B ... a very nicely printed shot of Ventnor bandstand on the Isle of White. Not your average bandstand - seems to some sort of lookout post. Thanks Martin!

Bill
27th April 2010, 11:40 AM
My print went in the post this morning.

Received today. A nicely printed still life of shells in a clear glass vase on a window ledge.

Thanks Mike.

Bill

PMarkey
27th April 2010, 06:49 PM
Received today . An interesting print from Konah (KonahZ) :)

I'm a bit behind with my contribution but will definitely have it posted before Friday .

Paul

martinb
28th April 2010, 03:53 AM
My print was posted on Monday.

Martin

PaulG
28th April 2010, 07:59 AM
Mine went in the post yesterday...

BobRob
28th April 2010, 11:45 PM
received my print this morning fro Paul G.

a very moody image from his RB67 lith printed on Foma variant paper.

it liths well judging by this image and something I will be having try with

thanks Paul much appreciated

Bob.

Tony Marlow
29th April 2010, 06:18 PM
Received a fine print from BobRob today and I do like it, the lighting and the cobbles are great. Getting print detail everywhere in this lighting must have been very difficult. The curve of the path leading to the lighted end makes a pleasing composition. That black and white boarder looks a bit tricky definitely an extra special print.
Thanks Bob

Tony

Bob
29th April 2010, 07:07 PM
Mine's on the way... Forgot to scan it!
... and gratefully received yesterday (had to pick it up from the sorting office on my way home this evening as A4 envelopes suddenly no longer fit my letterbox, apparently... ).

Lovely atmosphere and sense of place to this.

I'll scan it if you like and upload it to the gallery?

Xpres
29th April 2010, 10:32 PM
... and gratefully received yesterday (had to pick it up from the sorting office on my way home this evening as A4 envelopes suddenly no longer fit my letterbox, apparently... ).

Lovely atmosphere and sense of place to this.

I'll scan it if you like and upload it to the gallery?

Yes, please do scan. I only realised it wasn't scanned after it had been posted.
A scan of the neg won't look the same.

StanW
30th April 2010, 07:07 AM
The albatross has landed; or whatever. Tony Marlow's picture arrived today, a beautiful toned print of a country church and churchyard. Something more to inspire me. Thanks, Tony.

Mike O'Pray
30th April 2010, 11:59 AM
Mine has been posted today. Apologies for it being deadline day

Mike

PMarkey
30th April 2010, 01:09 PM
Mine has also gone today , Apologies to the recipient for the delay .

Paul

Marizu
30th April 2010, 06:04 PM
I picked up a print from B&W Neil today.
It is a nice selinium toned panorama that shows the vestiges of man's impact upon the environment.
Thank you very much.

Apologies that I only managed to post mine this morning.

mikeinmono
1st May 2010, 08:30 AM
Mine arrived safely. A great architectural picture of very unusual
American buildings. One for the collection. Many thanks Paul.

Mike O'Pray
1st May 2010, 11:27 AM
Mine arrived safely today from Marizu. Two firsts for me were involved. It was the first print I have received from a 5x4 camera and the first in colour.

A shot taken of the inside of an old person's home of a chair and unit of what reminded me of my 1970s furniture. Detail and colour of the unit was superb. Just a guess but it looked liked veneered MDF which was all the rage then. Mine lasted until a couple of years ago! It might still be there but for the wife! It is part of a project documenting changes to the inside of homes over the last 100 years.

I suspect the full project will be worth a look if you are into the history of change as reflected in homes or indeed the documentation of change which I consider most important.

Thanks Marizu

Mike

B&W Neil
1st May 2010, 02:03 PM
Mike O' Pray's print arrived today - thank you Mike. An interesting period shot of a Tudor farm lady rubbing the nose of a Gloucester Old Spot. I have not been there myself so it was good to see how well they have replicated Mary Arden's house.

Neil.

Steve O
5th May 2010, 05:59 PM
Just received my print from Bob today, a lovely study of a lone tree in the Yorkshire moors. Great printing too, the tone really suits the subject.

Steve

Konah Z
7th May 2010, 01:29 PM
Received mine from Rob Archer, very nice print of Appleton Church.

Bob
7th May 2010, 02:58 PM
Yes, please do scan. I only realised it wasn't scanned after it had been posted.
A scan of the neg won't look the same.Scanned and uploaded. You should be able to edit the post as I changed you to be the owner. Did the best I could with the colour by scanning a grey-scale along with the print so I could make it the correct colour on a neutral monitor at least...

Cheers, Bob.

Xpres
7th May 2010, 06:06 PM
Very many thanks Bob.
Not sure I remember it that colour... maybe my monitor needs calibrating, or my memory... :)