PDA

View Full Version : And then we were two!

Dave miller
29th October 2008, 08:47 AM
The 30th October is our second birthday, ok, so I’m counting months, don’t nit-pick.:p Anyway the purpose of the title wasn’t meant to be factual, but merely to get your attention, which I seem to have done; so, now you’re here you may as well read on.

Currently, we have about 50 members, 31 of you have posted one or more times, moreover 24 of you are regular visitors, presumably enjoying the experience. This is a great start, for it’s about 25% of our first year target figure that we feel that we need for this forum to become self-sustaining.

So, I’m asking for your help in expanding the membership during the remainder of this year, to give us a sound basis for entering next year.

There are two ways that you can assist in this.

Continue to post your ideas and experiences here, either in response to someone else’s post, or as a thread starter; for it’s your input that feeds a community such as this. It’s your experiences, your ideas, your quest for knowledge, your feelings, and your aspirations that will drive this forum. If you have a problem, ask. If you have a solution, tell. Remember, the more you put in, the more there will be to take out.

Invite a friend to visit us. Most of us know others that are interested, or may become interested in traditional picture making. Tell them about this forum, make sure they have our address. It’s time to become evangelical.

Here endeth the sermon.;)

B&W Neil
29th October 2008, 09:10 AM
Invite a friend to visit us. Most of us know others that are interested, or may become interested in traditional picture making. Tell them about this forum, make sure they have our address. It’s time to become evangelical. [/SIZE]

Here endeth the sermon.;)

Will do Dave - I am dusting off my dog collar as I type ;)

Dave miller
29th October 2008, 07:17 PM
Will do Dave - I am dusting off my dog collar as I type ;)

Good on you; go forth and multiply. :mob:

B&W Neil
30th October 2008, 08:53 AM
Good on you; go forth and multiply. :mob:

Dave,

I dunno about that - it could prove to be a tad expensive :(

Just a thought: would it be worth letting the few photo mags know (if not already done) about FADU ? And of course any other photo / camera forums if we are allowed to do this. If no one has done the Royal Photographic Society I will drop them a line. I will also let the RPS Visual Art Group know and see if I can get something in their mag.

Adding FADU to the links on personal web sites ought to be done as well by existing members - I will do this to mine ASAP. Maybe Silverprint / Richard RH Designs / Retro Photographic etc could do a link as well, if we ask nicely :)

Cheers,

Neil

Dave miller
30th October 2008, 09:56 AM
Dave,

I dunno about that - it could prove to be a tad expensive :(

Just a thought: would it be worth letting the few photo mags know (if not already done) about FADU ? And of course any other photo / camera forums if we are allowed to do this. If no one has done the Royal Photographic Society I will drop them a line. I will also let the RPS Visual Art Group know and see if I can get something in their mag.

Adding FADU to the links on personal web sites ought to be done as well by existing members - I will do this to mine ASAP. Maybe Silverprint / Richard RH Designs / Retro Photographic etc could do a link as well, if we ask nicely :)

Cheers,

Neil

All good ideas Neil. We do have a section for reciprocal links by way of encouragement.

B&W Neil
30th October 2008, 04:40 PM
All good ideas Neil. We do have a section for reciprocal links by way of encouragement.

Dave,

I don't think I've found that feature yet.
Do you want me to tell the RPS about FADU and hopefully get a free plug?

Neil.

Trevor Crone
30th October 2008, 05:22 PM
Excellent idea Neil; I've sent a link to the administrators of the Arena Photographers website, lets hope they put it in:) If not I'll want to know why:mad:

Dave miller
30th October 2008, 05:23 PM
Dave,

I don't think I've found that feature yet.
Do you want me to tell the RPS about FADU and hopefully get a free plug?

Neil.

Feature HERE (http://www.film-and-darkroom-user.org.uk/forum/local_links.php?catid=9)

Certainly inform the RPS, it's no time to be proud. :p

Trevor Crone
30th October 2008, 07:08 PM
We are in the Arena links page.

http://www.arenaphotographers.com/viewLinks.php

Dave miller
30th October 2008, 07:48 PM
We are in the Arena links page.

http://www.arenaphotographers.com/viewLinks.php

Thanks Trevor, and Arena are in our Reciprocal Links :)

B&W Neil
31st October 2008, 12:59 PM
Feature HERE (http://www.film-and-darkroom-user.org.uk/forum/local_links.php?catid=9)

Certainly inform the RPS, it's no time to be proud. :p

Dave,

Agreed - we need the 'exposure' :D

I have also put a FADU link on my website (top of the list) and done a quick album! But still cannot work out how to add my site to the FADU links page, although I see at least five members have done so. I must be missing something :confused:

Cheers,

Neil.

Bob
31st October 2008, 02:40 PM
Dave,

Agreed - we need the 'exposure' :D

I have also put a FADU link on my website (top of the list) and done a quick album! But still cannot work out how to add my site to the FADU links page, although I see at least five members have done so. I must be missing something :confused:

Cheers,

Neil.The Links software is designed to do much more than just links which makes it a bit awkward to do something simple... We have disabled much of its functionality but it is still not the most obvious thing to use.

Go to the Category you want (I'm assuming "Members' Personal Websites") and click on Add Entry on the grey menu bar (just below Articles on the normal Forum menu bar).

Put the title of the website (your name, or if it has another name you could use that) in the Name field.

Put a short description of the site in the Description field - this works the same as the normal text editor so you could if you wish add a link to a small image for example (keep it small or the image will dominate the page - what Rob has done is a perfect example).

Put the web address of the site in the URL field.

Leave Parent Categories as it is (this is intended it you want to change the category it is in later. You can always edit the entry later if anything changes.

Good luck!