PDA

View Full Version : ETRS Zenzanon: 75mm 2.8 lens

Tony F
29th March 2010, 08:10 PM
Hi can you tell me if the bronica etrs Zenzanon EII 75mm Lens F2.8 is the same has the BRONICA ETRS Zenzanon MC 75mm 2.8 which is the better 75mm to go for.
Thanks in advance Tony

Rob Archer
29th March 2010, 09:19 PM
The Eii is the more recent lens. It's the same focal length and fit, but is slightly differently constructed. I don't know whether the Eii lens is 'better' than it's predecessor. I had a 150 MC for a while and it was a lot less contrasty than the newer lens. I swapped it for an Eii versian as the other guy preferred the lower contrast for portrait work.

If you can get one, the later PE versions of all the Bronica ETRS lenses are superb.

Rob

Tony F
30th March 2010, 05:20 PM
Thanks for that info Rob i think ill look out for PE versions of all the Bronica ETRS lenses you mention.
Tony

B&W Neil
30th March 2010, 06:09 PM
When I was using the system I had a mixture of PE and none PE lenses and I could never tell the difference between them on my prints. They were all super lenses :-)

Neil.

majortom
4th April 2010, 10:15 PM
I believe the later PE lenses had different coatings to the MC lenses; not sure how much difference it makes it real terms though.

B&W Neil
5th April 2010, 08:21 AM
IIRC the PE lenses were supposed to have the edge for colour work but with B&W photography the difference was minimal. If you are on a tight budget and mainly do B&W buying the best MC version you can find would save a few useful pounds :)

Neil.

TomHayward
6th April 2010, 12:32 PM
I own both the original 75 (58mm filter thread) and the 75 EII. If money is no object then i would suggest you spend the extra £20 and get the EII, its a far superior lens to the original. You really notice this on Landscapes, where the centre of the picture will be sharp, but you will lose a lot as you move towards the edges.

As someone else already mentioned it would be fine for portraits.