PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Familiar With Beseler 67S Dichro Colorhead?

ErinW
5th April 2010, 11:16 PM
Hi everyone,

I've recently set up an at-home darkroom in my basement and just bought a Beseler 67S Dichro Colorhead enlarger. I found it pretty cheap and in great condition, so I bought it without knowing much about it. It didn't come with a manual (I'm in the process of acquiring one now) and am trying to do a bit of research on my equipment before I start using it.

My colorhead is missing the 35mm mixing chamber (it came with the 6x7 mixing chamber), but the gentleman that sold it to me said the 6x7 should work fine for 35mm negatives. I've since discovered that it may be pretty important, especially for using long exposure times at small f-stops like f11 or f16 with 35mm negatives, which unfortunately is how I like to print. I've found 35mm mixing chambers specifically for the 67S for sale, but they're pricey. I did find an affordable 35mm mixing chamber for the 67C, but I don't know if I can use it with the my 67S. Both mixing chambers look identical on the outside, but can't be sure if they are the in fact the same.

Does anyone know if the mixing chambers for these models are interchangeable, or have any other practical advice for using this model of enlarger?

Thanks- ErinW

Dave miller
6th April 2010, 06:58 AM
I can't answer your question directly.
I too am missing a 35mm mixing box from my enlarger, and have to use a 6x9 box on the rare occasions that I print from 35mm negatives; I can confirm that it quadruples exposure times as compared with medium format negatives. Which is a long winded way of saying that it is worth getting the correct unit when you can.

StanW
6th April 2010, 07:37 AM
Try getting in touch with Beseler; I always found them very helpful.

ErinW
6th April 2010, 10:38 PM
Thanks guys! I'll let you know what I find out...

Dave miller
7th April 2010, 05:55 AM
Try getting in touch with Beseler; I always found them very helpful.

They seem to have closed their photographic operation, their website is defunct?

ErinW
7th April 2010, 08:40 AM
I was on their photo site maybe four or five days ago looking for info and it was running, but it had very little on it. You couldn't order anything online, you had to call (I don't know, maybe it was always like that?) and didn't have time at that moment to do so. I've tried several times over the last two days to get on and haven't been able to get through. I'm going to try to call them tomorrow and see what's up. Again, I'll let you know what I find out.