PDA

View Full Version : Fotospeed Lith Developer Price Increase

Neil Smith
26th April 2010, 11:38 AM
I have been putting together an order for film and chemicals, and whilst checking the availability of Fotospeed Lith Developer with a couple of suppliers, I was told the price is due to increase sharply.
I was quoted £103.56 +Vat when it comes in later this week for the 2x5L kit, which was selling at about £53 +Vat with the same supplier. I spoke to Fotospeed who were a bit unsure about a price increase when I first spoke to them, but after some checking said their new list price would be £115 +Vat ( it had been £59 +Vat ):eek:
They did let me order some at the old price:D They have one part in, and expect the other part tomorrow so are expecting it to be sent to suppliers at the end of the week!

Neil

Mike O'Pray
26th April 2010, 02:43 PM
Wow so almost a 100% price increase! I wonder what justifies this kind of an increase? Unless it is some item which affects all lith developers equally then I expect Mr W Moersch to be getting extra business very soon.

I't's an ill wind as they say

Mike

Neil Smith
27th April 2010, 11:53 AM
After speaking to Matt at AG and Fotospeed, and lots of confusion about the price, Fotospeed have now said they made a mistake with the pricing of the 2x5L kits.
They had put the smaller kit up in price, and the 5L price had been based on that increase. There is an increase pending on the 5L kit but the calculation was incorrect, they are now saying the £115 +Vat was a mistake and it will be considerably lower but didn't have a price to give today.
They said they would honour the old price with AG, allowing me to cancel my order and order through AG before they implement the price rise, whatever that will be! but it should be no where near the original increase quoted.:D

Neil

Mike O'Pray
27th April 2010, 06:17 PM
Good news. You'd really think that companies would take more care over getting price increases right ,especially in a recession.

Mike

Timrudman
28th April 2010, 09:04 AM
After speaking to Matt at AG and Fotospeed, and lots of confusion about the price, Fotospeed have now said they made a mistake with the pricing of the 2x5L kits.
They had put the smaller kit up in price, and the 5L price had been based on that increase. There is an increase pending on the 5L kit but the calculation was incorrect, they are now saying the £115 +Vat was a mistake and it will be considerably lower but didn't have a price to give today.
They said they would honour the old price with AG, allowing me to cancel my order and order through AG before they implement the price rise, whatever that will be! but it should be no where near the original increase quoted.:D

Neil
Neil, I understand that the price was a miscalculation and should be around 25%, due mainly to a rise in costs of materials and containers.
Tim

Neil Smith
28th April 2010, 09:15 AM
Hi Tim thanks for that, price rises are inevitable the only problem I had was nobody could give me a definitive answer as to how much it was going up, every person I spoke to gave a different answer.
But I am sorted now:D My darkroom is up and running and I can't wait to practice what I learned on your workshop.

I have some Fomatone MG I'm dying to try out.

Neil

Timrudman
28th April 2010, 01:29 PM
Hi Tim thanks for that, price rises are inevitable the only problem I had was nobody could give me a definitive answer as to how much it was going up, every person I spoke to gave a different answer.
But I am sorted now:D My darkroom is up and running and I can't wait to practice what I learned on your workshop.

I have some Fomatone MG I'm dying to try out.

Neil

OK. here are the correct new prices direct from Fotospeed:

"Tim,
We have reworked the 5Ltr LD20 Kit (code: 02440) and the correct price should be £75.00 + VAT (£88.13).
The 500ml LD20 (code: 02420) is £18.00 + VAT (£21.15)".

Tim

Neil Smith
28th April 2010, 08:46 PM
Thanks for that Tim most useful. I have an order placed with Matt at Ag so I should be getting it soon. Then let the experimenting begin, well as soon as work allows.

And I still have cash waiting for your Toning Book;)

Neil