PDA

View Full Version : Rollei Retro 100asa-nee Agfa AXP100

kennethcooke
28th May 2010, 02:02 PM
I had run out of developer so I used Kodak T- Max Developer 1-9 for 10 mins at 20 degrees C. The results are inspirational. I shall look forward to printing them. This film is truly amasing and at Ag prices makes it my film of choice in and around 100 asa

photomi7ch
28th May 2010, 06:25 PM
I had run out of developer so I used Kodak T- Max Developer 1-9 for 10 mins at 20 degrees C. The results are inspirational. I shall look forward to printing them. This film is truly amasing and at Ag prices makes it my film of choice in and around 100 asa

I agree with you there Kenneth. I have found that it produces some great tonal negs.

I process my negs in ID11 at normal times. I may give t-Max a try see what the difference is.

Richard Gould
28th May 2010, 09:22 PM
That sounds interesting, might try the film out and see what it do9es for me,Richard

MartinWaller
13th July 2010, 12:27 PM
Hello. I've been using Rollei Retro 100 for a few months now - developed in Aculux - and it is excellent. Negatives seem so crisp and sharp - make my FP4 negs look - well - just a bit dull really.

I know this is not strictly relevant here but the film does scan very well too. I've just taken delivery of another 20 rolls from those lovely people at AG.

Martin

Larry
13th July 2010, 03:04 PM
Hi Martin

Personally, I totally agree with you that Rollei Retro 100 is a terrific film which I use regularly. It was "ME" that suggested to Matt at AG to stock this brand of film as I was already buying it direct from europe. I needed bulk quantities, so I could give it out to my students as part of my photography teaching.

I use Fotospeed FD10 film developer which isn't too far from Aculux 2/3, in formula terms. It is very fine grained and super sharp. Developed 1+9 21c/70f 9mins for colour head - beautiful.

You've probably guest it, I'm big fan of this film and of AG.

Larry