PDA

View Full Version : How do you carry around your TLR?

Miha
29th May 2010, 11:38 AM
As TLR cameras are particularly suitable for handholding, I wonder whether you use camera strap or not. I usually put my Mamiya C330 in a small Kata bag, so no strap for me. How do you carry around your TLR?

Miha

Richard Gould
29th May 2010, 11:52 AM
I carry both my weltaflex and rolleiflex around my neck,ready for almost instant use,Richard

Carl V
29th May 2010, 11:57 AM
I did borrow a Mamiya C220 many years ago when I was still in camera retailing, and if I remember correctly it had lugs to attach a strap if required. I never used a strap as I carried it in a bag along with my 35mm gear. It was a nice camera to use and quite liked the 6 x 6 square format it produced.

Dave miller
29th May 2010, 12:20 PM
I don't use camera straps as I find that they get in my way, so it's a bag for me.

Steve Smith
29th May 2010, 03:14 PM
I carry my Rolleicord by its strap and carry film, filters and lightmeter in jacket pockets. On the occasions where I have used a bag I found myself carrying the camera and an empty bag so I don't bother with it now.

Steve.

Miha
29th May 2010, 03:28 PM
I don't use camera straps as I find that they get in my way
This is my reason not to use straps as well. I try to shoot more with the Mamiya as it is much easier to get a decent wet print from MF than it is from 35 (and I can easily get frustrated in my darkroom with a dozen of 35mm negs to print. But that's another story:mad:). I find it very convenient to take my camera out of the Kata DC 439 bag, take a shot and put it back - next to the spare film, cell phone and my wallet. So I can keep my pockets empty.:)

Miha

Steve O
29th May 2010, 05:17 PM
I prefer a strap around the neck and sometimes tension it to get a steady shot. The light weight of the Yashica Mat helps and it doesn't swing around like most cameras.

Steve

PMarkey
29th May 2010, 06:57 PM
Carry the C33 in a bag but have a strap fitted for when it's out of the bag as it's quite a weighty beast .

Paul

Mark-NY
29th May 2010, 08:03 PM
I mostly carry my TLR in a bag as I almost always use a tripod. On the rare occasion I take it out handheld I used straps and a hard case.

PaulD
29th May 2010, 09:26 PM
I carry my Mamiya C330 in a bag and like Mark almost always use a tripod. Paul

jonsparkes
30th May 2010, 09:57 AM
Having just bought a Mamiya C3 that came with a strap i've yet to try it out as i've only ran a test film through it to date.
I like to shoot long exposures often so a tripod is in the near future (ebay again tonight).
The Mamiya certainly is a chunk, that and the fact I find myself taking much more time before hitting the shutter these days I think a tripod will pretty much be near permanent fixture when using the Mamiya.

Sandeha Lynch
30th May 2010, 02:30 PM
Always a neckstrap, kept short. Pulling down on the camera gives great stability, even when using close up lenses.

Miha
30th May 2010, 03:08 PM
Thanks for the insights you have shared here. I intend to keep using my C300 without the strap for street shooting and spontaneous photography where TLR shines.

Miha