PDA

View Full Version : A new darkroom build

jonsparkes
24th June 2010, 06:36 PM
well very soon anyway.
Just grabbed a bargain from a neighbor, a shed at just under 9 x 7 with insulation (like a foil coated foam type stuff) all in good condition. Being moved to make room for trampoline and I got the lot for £40.
I can now plan to get out of the kichen as the darkroom journey begins.

Richard Gould
24th June 2010, 06:40 PM
Jon, sounds a good buy, I think some others on here have shed darkrooms and I am sure will give you plenty of tips,Richard

Mike O'Pray
24th June 2010, 07:12 PM
Good start Jon. Now you know what you've got size-wise then planning the rest around this should be relatively straightforward. Best of luck.

Mike

B&W Neil
24th June 2010, 09:34 PM
Well done Jon - you are now on your way :-)

Neil.

PMarkey
24th June 2010, 09:45 PM
Sounds good Jon , How about some pics as you get it sorted ? :)

Paul

jonsparkes
24th June 2010, 09:53 PM
I'll make sure some pics are up soon

Bob
25th June 2010, 04:18 PM
You've probably already seen it but... http://www.film-and-darkroom-user.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=146

Have fun hacking the shed!

Mike O'Pray
25th June 2010, 04:22 PM
If this weather keeps up, Jon, you can go straight to C41 developing at 100 degrees F - no Jobo processor required :D:.

Mike

mrcamm
8th July 2010, 07:49 PM
well very soon anyway.
Just grabbed a bargain from a neighbor, a shed at just under 9 x 7 with insulation (like a foil coated foam type stuff) all in good condition. Being moved to make room for trampoline and I got the lot for £40.
I can now plan to get out of the kichen as the darkroom journey begins.

Jon
I've been inspired by the article here at FADU about building a darkroom shed. I currently have a rickety old shed that needs to be replaced. The concrete pad that it sits on is 7'x9', so I'm greatly interested to see (and probably pinch!) your design/build!
Rich