PDA

View Full Version : Forthcoming Service Interruption

Dave miller
9th August 2010, 08:28 AM
We have been advised by our service provider, GlobalGold that they will be carrying out essential maintenance to their network on Tuesday, August 10th 2010 between the hours of 6am and 8am (GMT + 1.00 hour), therefore access to this forum will not be available at some point during that period. They also say that these upgrade works are essential to ensure the resilience and continued reliability of their services, and that they will seek to minimise any disruption caused by these works and apologise in advance for any inconvenience that may be caused.

Peter S
11th August 2010, 07:55 AM
Dave
I tried to view the forum several times yesterday and a message came up FADU is down for maintenance,try again later, same thing this morning.
A Google search has put me back in touch,has anyone else lost their link? its still not working, it seems odd to me.
Peter

Neil Smith
11th August 2010, 08:01 AM
I have not experienced any problems with my link, try emptying your cache in your browser and see if that helps.

Neil

Barry
11th August 2010, 08:07 AM
It appears that during their recent maintenance our service provider has configured the our server to require a complete url to work. Your old book mark may not work. Users will have to use the full url to get to fadu...

http://www.film-and-darkroom-user.org.uk/forum/index.php

Users should replace or edit their old book mark.

Sorry but currently we have little control over the web server configuration.

Peter S
11th August 2010, 08:55 AM
Thanks Barry,normal service has resumed.
Peter

Tony Marlow
11th August 2010, 10:01 AM
I had the same trouble. I have deleted my old short cut on the desk-top display but how do I get a new one back?

Tony

Barry
11th August 2010, 10:08 AM
I had the same trouble. I have deleted my old short cut on the desk-top display but how do I get a new one back?

Tony

If you are using Firefox? Whilst viewing the forum front page, click and drag to your desktop the little fadu icon next to the site address (url) at the top of your browser. It will place a short cut on your desktop.

Brian
11th August 2010, 10:43 AM
I've been under the impression that FADU's been down the last day and a bit as I've recieved the following message

"Film-and-darkroom-user is down for maintenance. Please try again later."

when inputting the following URL

http://www.film-and-darkroom-user.org.uk/forum

It may be worth getting the service provider to change the message

Barry
11th August 2010, 10:58 AM
I'll have a word with them Brian.

Barry
11th August 2010, 11:17 AM
Fixed. It seems that our service provider added a redirect which I have just removed. Please let me know if anyone has any further issues.