PDA

View Full Version : Exhibition at Theatre by the Lake, Keswick

Joe Bowes
24th August 2010, 04:02 PM
Bit of self promotion here - I have an exhibition of silver prints showing at the Friends' Gallery, Theatre by the Lake in Keswick.
It runs from 20th Aug to 27th Sept and it would be great if any of you are up in the Lake District over that period if you could drop by and take a look. It's open from 9.30am - 8pm.
The exhibition is titled 'First Impressions' and is a collection of black & white landscapes.
http://www.theatrebythelake.co.uk/whatson.asp?category=Exhibitions

Many thanks

Barry
24th August 2010, 04:07 PM
Thanks for the information Joe and welcome to fadu. It's good to read that your images are all film based:)

mikeinmono
24th August 2010, 06:57 PM
I'm in the Lakes that week and will drop in, can't resist B&W landscapes
regards
Mike

JonathanC
24th August 2010, 07:03 PM
Hello Joe. I meant to go last week. It is walking on heads lately (in the rain). Looking forward to it.

Joe Bowes
25th August 2010, 09:39 AM
Thanks guys. As with any exhibition it's great to get support and I guess the more 'foot fall' the Theatre get the more likely they are to keep putting on Photography based work.

As a note, I dropped in on Roy Flemings exhibition at the Rheged Centre, Penrith whilst I was up there.....I thought it was tops - he even had a Camera Obscura set up!

Mike O'Pray
26th August 2010, 09:04 PM
Joe, it is good to see that someone from Warwickshire is prepared to exhibit that far away. I am unlikely to make it that far North unfortunately.

Any chance you might exhibit closer to home? I am just over the border in the far West of Northants so Warwickshire is close

Mike

Joe Bowes
1st September 2010, 02:57 PM
Yes Mike, I have an exhibition coming up at The Theatre, Chipping Norton from Oct 3rd - Oct 28th with a private viewing on Sunday Oct 10th 4pm - 6pm - Members from FADU are most welcome!

www.chippingnortontheatre.co.uk (http://www.chippingnortontheatre.co.uk/index.php?general_contact_details)

B&W Neil
1st September 2010, 05:54 PM
Welcome to FADU Joe.

Neil.

Martin Aislabie
4th September 2010, 06:17 PM
Yes Mike, I have an exhibition coming up at The Theatre, Chipping Norton from Oct 3rd - Oct 28th with a private viewing on Sunday Oct 10th 4pm - 6pm - Members from FADU are most welcome!

I will put it my diary and look forward to meeting you

Welcome to FADU by the way

Martin

MartyNL
4th September 2010, 08:23 PM
Beautiful images Joe and makes me feel quite homesick!

Bill
10th September 2010, 06:59 AM
Went to Keswick to see this yesterday. Some very nice images well printed.

Would recommend if you are in the area.

Bill

mikeinmono
26th September 2010, 06:32 PM
I visited last week, lovely images that were a pleasure to view.
regards
Mike

Joe Bowes
29th September 2010, 06:17 PM
Thanks to everyone that made it to the exhibition and for your encouraging comments, it really is appreciated.
Joe

Richard Lee
30th September 2010, 08:43 AM
Joe,

Many thanks for bringing your superb exhibition to Keswick - a full twenty minute drive from my home. :D

Wonderful images, beautifully printed. Thoroughly enjoyed my visit.

Richard