PDA

View Full Version : Just had to share this...

Argentum
21st November 2008, 12:50 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/PHOTOGRAPHY-PAPER-5-x7-3-1-2-x-5-2-1-2-X-2-1-2_W0QQitemZ140283414423QQihZ004QQcategoryZ15226QQs sPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Ag-Bromide
21st November 2008, 01:38 PM
Pre-Exposed paper, now that`s a novelty.

Bob
21st November 2008, 02:26 PM
You see these from time to time.. Thing is, they usually say "I know nothing about photography" but all these packs quite clearly state "LIGHT SENSITIVE MATERIAL - OPEN ONLY IN A PHOTOGRAPHIC DARKROOM" or something similar...

They may know nothing about photography but presumably they can READ?

Trevor Crone
21st November 2008, 04:48 PM
Perhaps it will save on pre-flashing;)

Mike O'Pray
22nd November 2008, 11:28 PM
I may have been lucky but this kind of thing seems mercifully rare on the UK e-bay. The sellers are usually those who know what darkroom paper is and clearly describe it as such. Often the sellers are trad darkroom photography students. Of course you still take a chance that "opened in safelight conditions only" is either true or that they know that the safelight was safe.

My impression rightly or wrongly from reperts on another website is that either the UK e-bay on photography is either sounder than the U.S. or that the buyers and sellersthere are inherently less knowledgeable.

My gut instinct is that the U.K e-bay is in general "more honest" in the broadest sense of the word.

Mike

Argentum
22nd November 2008, 11:43 PM
On a similar vane, years ago I was in Jessops in Newbury and chatting to the sales guy, he told me that they had just had two students from the local college in who each paid half for a 100 sheet box of 8x10 RC paper. They walked out the door and stopped. Opened the box and counted out 50 sheets each and walked off in opposite directions.:D

Mike O'Pray
23rd November 2008, 12:03 AM
On a similar vane, years ago I was in Jessops in Newbury and chatting to the sales guy, he told me that they had just had two students from the local college in who each paid half for a 100 sheet box of 8x10 RC paper. They walked out the door and stopped. Opened the box and counted out 50 sheets each and walked off in opposite directions.:D

Shouldn't laugh. I got 3 boxes of Agfa a few years ago from a very honest Jock on e-bay who had done a very similar thing with his prospective Father-in Law's paper. Dad-in -Law had fortunately finished with darkroom work. He had opened and taken out the top sheet of 3 boxes for a inkjet printer in daylight before it had dawned on him what it was.

He'd actually fogged the edges of several sheets but the rest were unaffected.

Mike