View Full Version : Bronica ETRS Extension Tubes

Andrew Bartram
17th September 2010, 04:47 PM
Has anyone got experience of these
All info gratefully received

Andrew

Rob Archer
17th September 2010, 08:07 PM
Yes, I have the 28mm one. I don't use it a lot, but it works well when I do. You lose approximately 1 stop of light with it. I did try to calculate it but my brain nearly exploded - I arrived at 1 stop by bracketing at 1/2 stop intervals. I will probably dig mine out in the next couple of weeks to shoot some fungi. The only other thing to remember is to attach it to the lens first rather that the camera body or it will confuse the shutter control mechanism and you'll have trouble removing it.
Rob

Paulographic
17th September 2010, 08:28 PM
I've the shorter one for SQ and as Rob says the instructions say attach to lens first and remove accordingly.
(One of a few niggles about Bronica)
They can be used on longer focus lenses to reduce the close focusing distance for portrait work.
I once did do calculations for close-up exposure compensation photographing some jewellry and coins for insurance purposes (on 35mm) and it was tricky but worked correctly. I use a metering head with a grey card (or equivelant) now.
Paul

Andrew Bartram
19th September 2010, 01:35 PM
Thanks Guys

HopALong
19th September 2010, 07:35 PM
I have the E14 tube for my ETRSi. Excellent, works really well.
The previous comments are correct though, fit it to the lens first.
I got mine 2nd hand with no instructions and fitted it to the body first, big mistake, when I tried to remove it, it came off the body but was stuck on the lens. It took me a good 10mins of pure panic and frustration before it finally came off.
I now fit it to the lens first.

Andy

Andrew Bartram
20th September 2010, 06:09 PM
Thanks Andy - I'll keep an eye out for a second hand one